Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about getting some saddle bags soon and am torn. Which you do think are better? The Rapid Transit Recon 77 Saddle Bags:
http://www.kneedraggers.com/details/Rapid_Transit_Recon_77_Saddle_Bag--641599.html

or the Nelson Rigg - Deluxe Sport Saddlebags:
http://www.kneedraggers.com/details/Nelson_Rigg_Deluxe_Sport_Saddlebags--504560.html

IMO, the NR are a little more stylish (and cheaper), but don't hold as much. I know that NR has a lifetime warranty, but on the website it says that it only covers defects & malfunctions, not normal wear and tear.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
The NR looks like they are somewhat more "firm" than the RT. To me, they book look good. Usually lifetime warranties have so many exclusions they don't mean too much.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Sorry, I meant to also say that I was very happy with the soft material on the bottom of the bag (which is in contact with the tank) and also the number and size of the magnets. Very secure on the highway.

Scott

·
Registered
252 Posts
RT Recon is awesome on my bike! Cell phone/ipod window right were you can see it, map pouch above...I use map pouch to put in a home made route sheet of were I'm headed (RT 3 S to RT 105 W etc) just a quick glance down and I know whats next.... to many years of NETRA endros. Has faded over time but it sets on my daily driver all the time, good magnets and hasn't scratched the tank. Lots of space but I can still see the gauges. I am 5'-6" not in my way on twisties unless I'm really inside the turn then I can feel it on my arm, no big deal. Basic --- I use mine and like it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
RT Recon is awesome on my bike! Cell phone/ipod window right were you can see it, map pouch above...I use map pouch to put in a home made route sheet of were I'm headed (RT 3 S to RT 105 W etc) just a quick glance down and I know whats next.... to many years of NETRA endros. Has faded over time but it sets on my daily driver all the time, good magnets and hasn't scratched the tank. Lots of space but I can still see the gauges. I am 5'-6" not in my way on twisties unless I'm really inside the turn then I can feel it on my arm, no big deal. Basic --- I use mine and like it.
I love my RT recon tank bag....but the iphone doesn't fit comfortably in the cell phone pocket, but it does fit nicely in the map pocket window :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts