Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So just got back from my job early. 2:39 AM.. normally I'm home by 3:30 AM or a little later. Depends on when I get done. well today i rode on my last ounce of gas to work. Okay no prob gas station right outside of work about a mile going home. Excited because I was finally getting my paycheck today! and I was planning on to ride into Orlando tomorrow to go look at motorcycle pants. :vroom:

But, my douche bag for a employer [not going to say, because I'm not ready to lose a job, yet...]

decides, oh today he's not going to pay me! Normally he leaves our pay on his desk, cause me and the guy I work with are the only ones there at night. Instead of our paychecks, me of $424.03 after tax. and the other guys. Was a nice note with his office phone number on the god damn desk. Saying something about how he couldn't pay us, something about bank mumbo jumbo. What ever I don't care, but the fact I wasn't getting money today, blew big huge... Something that rhymes with Ick. And this wasn't his first time doing this!

Well part of that paycheck was also gas money for the way home.. Oh yeah. GAS to get home. 2:00 AM and I'm thinking about how I'm gonna be able to go 20 miles one way back home... on almost an empty tank. I asked my co-worker all he had was a dollar, so now I have 1 dollar! okay, checked my wallet I had 50 cent in nickles. Alright 1 dollar 50 cent. found another 23 cent laying around on the floor. yay! :blob8: so me and the other guy finished up and he had to lock up, so I had to leave, so I rode off to the gas station...

Okay, standing in front of a gas station at 2am, waiting for someone to come along, so you can ask them if they had like 5 dollars you could use for gas.. yea so I sat there, and sat there. not a single soul. went inside and asked the clerk. He rudely pushed me out the door[figuratively], no money no service. Finally some nice fellow in a mustang came by and spotted me 5 dollars. So after getting my gas, and going home I was pretty livid. I just wanted to slam on my throttle and ride. I knew I couldn't as I only had $6.73 worth of gas.

Srsly, I wish I could get a legit job. I hate living in Florida, everyone who employs are a bunch of idiots, or douche bags, or doesn't speak an ounce of English. OR ALL 3!

Some will say, Go work at burger king or McD, or some food place, they hire easy. Problem is, I can't stand to be around the smell of food all day. It's basically just a thing I refuse to, not do. no matter what. Its like saying that anyone can be a teacher. no not anyone..

Face it, Employers don't want someone who can work, and do the job right. They want someone who gets the job done last min, slacks off, screws around. Just so in 3 months they can fire them! Its actually cheaper to do this method, then to keep someone around.

[Rant over.]

·
MOTORADOR
10,953 Posts
Sorry to hear that man. Seriously.

I run my own company and I always make sure every one of my employees are happy and taken care of. I know they are the cogs keeping my business functioning so I make sure they always feel respected; if ever, for some reason, their pay check needs to be delayed for one or two days, I notify them in advance and I make sure they have enough money to survive through such delay.

I hope you can find a decent job where you feel valued and respected.

Sent from my left shoe using the Motorcycle app

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Face it, Employers don't want someone who can work, and do the job right. They want someone who gets the job done last min, slacks off, screws around. Just so in 3 months they can fire them! Its actually cheaper to do this method, then to keep someone around.
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....
yeah, Disney does it. How DO I know? Oh, my father is a higher up. and he told me how they run the place. another reason why I don't work there...

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
When I was younger I needed a job quick. I had two mouths to feed and there weren't any obvious prospects. A friend recommended that I go to a security company and try that. Now security wasn't my first choice in occupation, but it payed and it really wasn't that bad.

Steer clear of the hardcore lifer weirdos (unless you end up being one :p ) and hang with the people who are just trying to get through school, make ends meet, etc... and get payed until you can find something better.

Sorry for your luck. I've never had to spare for change but I've been through a lot. I know how much it sucks. It'll get better. ;)

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
yeah, Disney does it. How DO I know? Oh, my father is a higher up. and he told me how they run the place. another reason why I don't work there...
Oh, so then all employers must do the same, huh?
Okay, guess I'll move along now.

*unsubscribes*

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
You should get over the smell of food thing. You could get a job waiting tables some where and make good money, and it is cash in hand, no delay. Or go take a bartending class, I was making $250/day when I was a bartender.

There are other options, you just have to be willing to look. Don't resign yourself to working for a swindler.

·
Registered
3,738 Posts

Oh yea, pro tip: don't take financial advice from broke people.

And what happened to you not being able to ride for two weeks?

·
Premium Member
6,015 Posts
Oh, so then all employers must do the same, huh?
Okay, guess I'll move along now.

*unsubscribes*
Not all but a lot of employers that do that.

If all employers where like Off1 we all would be better off. But sadly there are way to many employers out there that are the opposite of Off1. Wish it was as simple as getting another job to resolve this, but sadly the OP Odds are more likely to get stuck with the same type of employer or worse. Food industry is no better either.

Hopefully it was the boss just Missed the closing time of the bank and be paid shortly.

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
Dude I know it sounds like times are rough for you, but you should always have $20 in cash or on a debit card or similar for situations when you need to get home in an emergency. You shouldn't have to depend on your yet to be received paycheck to get yourself home from work, especially if this late payment thing has happened before. I wish you luck finding a better work environment though.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Dude I know it sounds like times are rough for you, but you should always have $20 in cash or on a debit card or similar for situations when you need to get home in an emergency. You shouldn't have to depend on your yet to be received paycheck to get yourself home from work, especially if this late payment thing has happened before. I wish you luck finding a better work environment though.
+1. At a minimum, fold up a $5 bill and put it in with your registration and insurance card. It's there in a pinch.

·
MOTORADOR
10,953 Posts
This is motorcycle related how?
Oh JB, you're becoming slow at this. It took you 9.5 hours to snap that question.

Sent from my left shoe using the Motorcycle app

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
This is motorcycle related how?
So just got back from my job early. 2:39 AM.. normally I'm home by 3:30 AM or a little later. Depends on when I get done. well today i rode on my last ounce of gas to work. Okay no prob gas station right outside of work about a mile going home. Excited because I was finally getting my paycheck today! and I was planning on to ride into Orlando tomorrow to go look at motorcycle pants. :vroom:

But, my douche bag for a employer [not going to say, because I'm not ready to lose a job, yet...]

decides, oh today he's not going to pay me! Normally he leaves our pay on his desk, cause me and the guy I work with are the only ones there at night. Instead of our paychecks, me of $424.03 after tax. and the other guys. Was a nice note with his office phone number on the god damn desk. Saying something about how he couldn't pay us, something about bank mumbo jumbo. What ever I don't care, but the fact I wasn't getting money today, blew big huge... Something that rhymes with Ick. And this wasn't his first time doing this!

Well part of that paycheck was also gas money for the way home.. Oh yeah. GAS to get home. 2:00 AM and I'm thinking about how I'm gonna be able to go 20 miles one way back home... on almost an empty tank. I asked my co-worker all he had was a dollar, so now I have 1 dollar! okay, checked my wallet I had 50 cent in nickles. Alright 1 dollar 50 cent. found another 23 cent laying around on the floor. yay! :blob8: so me and the other guy finished up and he had to lock up, so I had to leave, so I rode off to the gas station...

Okay, standing in front of a gas station at 2am, waiting for someone to come along, so you can ask them if they had like 5 dollars you could use for gas.. yea so I sat there, and sat there. not a single soul. went inside and asked the clerk. He rudely pushed me out the door[figuratively], no money no service. Finally some nice fellow in a mustang came by and spotted me 5 dollars. So after getting my gas, and going home I was pretty livid. I just wanted to slam on my throttle and ride. I knew I couldn't as I only had $6.73 worth of gas.

Srsly, I wish I could get a legit job. I hate living in Florida, everyone who employs are a bunch of idiots, or douche bags, or doesn't speak an ounce of English. OR ALL 3!

Some will say, Go work at burger king or McD, or some food place, they hire easy. Problem is, I can't stand to be around the smell of food all day. It's basically just a thing I refuse to, not do. no matter what. Its like saying that anyone can be a teacher. no not anyone..

[Rant over.]

:ears:

·
Woody's Lackey
1,464 Posts
so you cant manage money well enough to have gas money at the end of the week, you run your mouth about your workplace to a bunch of people that really dont care, and you go bumming money at 2am? wow sounds like you are ready to become one of the nations leaders there buddy.
but dont worry i do give you a award, http://youtu.be/5hfYJsQAhl0

·
Registered
164 Posts
+1.

I keep a $20 in with my insurance card. I've been blessed to not need to use it myself so far, but I have given it away to people in need twice.

It sounds like it's time for you to start seriously looking for employment elsewhere. Life's crazy enough as it is, without having the boss hold back on the paycheck...

UD

·
Hall Monitor
2,739 Posts
Stop complaining about your employer and 1) find a better one, and/or 2) improve your skills set so that you're attractive to a better kind of employer.

You don't say what kind of work you do. Is it a job that any untrained person could do, for a minimal wage? If so, your choices are limited and your employer has little reason to care about how he treats you, because, as you point out, you can readily be replaced.

I work for a small startup. They buy us lunch every Wednesday. I got paid to grill chicken wings and sausages and put on a beer bash most of yesterday afternoon (we have a monthly "company social"). I get paid really well, and have co-workers and supervisors who are helpful and reasonable and intelligent and fun to work with. But this is because everyone is a scientist or a technician or an engineer.

I have a 2 year AS degree from a community college- not a difficult goal to attain. Using that degree I've learned to become a pretty decent machinist, do CAD design, work with vacuum and high pressure systems, do electrical fabrication and troubleshooting, and understand enough math an physics that I'm now in charge of Test Engineering (designing and carrying out experiments that determine how much abuse different components will take before they fail, so yeah, I break stuff for a living now). I have fun doing what I do, and most of my job skills come in pretty handy when it comes to modifying or repairing motorcycles.

Think of this as an opportunity to examine what you want to do with your life, and then resolve to do something about it (other than whining about how unfair life is).

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
so you cant manage money well enough to have gas money at the end of the week, you run your mouth about your workplace to a bunch of people that really dont care, and you go bumming money at 2am? wow sounds like you are ready to become one of the nations leaders there buddy.
but dont worry i do give you a award, http://youtu.be/5hfYJsQAhl0

I had 40 bucks you troll. ... Read on.

Oh yea, pro tip: don't take financial advice from broke people.

And what happened to you not being able to ride for two weeks?
I went to the doctor.. after my girlfriend patched me up. he gave me an oral antibiotic. But between my co-pay and medicine, was like a little over 40 bucks. I wouldn't of had a gas problem, but It was 40 bucks to possibly save my hand, or 40 bucks on gas...

Also, Working around food WILL NOT Work, I hate the way alcohol smells. [sue me] But being around food, makes me physically sick. So I will never do it.

My job entitles me to open boxes, check the contents. record the contents. Store the stuff, And keep track of whats where, what we have. Basically a stocking/unstocking job. But it requires kinda a high security. So, No not everyone can get the job, if you even have a speeding ticket, you wouldn't get hired, or you would get fired..

Doesn't matter. Talked to boss today, Kinda fed up.. So if anyone has the urge to troll. Go right ahead, but I'm not gonna put up with your crap. you get your feelings hurt, because you felt like being some epic smart-ass. Go cry me a river, build a bridge over it, jump off, and drown. Best to keep your trolling at bay on this post. Not dealing with it.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.