Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

Bacon?

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Banned Member
4,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You anal-sex kids and your stupid text-message lingo, I hate almost all of it. Acronyms are fine, but the shortening of words in this fasion really irks me. When you have a full QWERTY keyboard at your disposal, use it!

The ones I hate the most:

GR8 - WTF is this sh!t? Did you get your spelling lessons from reading license plates? It really grates on my nerves when someone can't take the time to type out the two additional characters to spell, "great."

ur/u r - Short for you're a phucktard, or your lack of cognitive abilities are pathetic. Are you really too lazy to type, yet another, two characters... or four to get the right contraction (you're = you are)?

ne - Weeeee are the knights who say, "Ne?" Again, what the phuck? Any only has three letters!

r - What the hell am I supposed to do with one letter? Are you phucking retarded?

Thanx - Again, seriously? replace a "ks" with an "x?" You're a quick one.

lol in places where it doesn't belong (followed by too many periods) - "I like my bike...... lol...... the color is really sweet....... lol..... (much more useless dribble)."

A useless thread, I know. That's why I'm going to add a poll.

edit:
To clarify, I'm not talking about texting. I'm talking about posting and emails.

·
site supporter
6,051 Posts
Oldthinkers unbellyfeel newtext. :nana:;D
The first time I sent anybody a text message, it was a five letter word, and it took me eight minutes. ???
Conciseness is the highest value in texting, not comprehension. But overall I feel your pain.

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
There's a chinese guy at my work who uses "whz" for "what is" in emails and that's the ONLY shorthand he uses. It's just bizarre. And he uses it every single time.

Txtspeak for texts only, kthx.

·
Banned Member
4,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'll always have a special place in my heart for LOL and lol. You did just use WTF though so not all of the short hand terms that have evolved from l33t speak are bad :)
Acronyms aren't bad. LOL isn't too bad either, if it's a laugh-out-loud moment. Things like l8r suck!

·
Registered
476 Posts
It's ok, I'm just playin' with you. I've noticed that the IQ of the person who originates those stupid chain texts must be in the single digits...double digits at most. Most of those things are so poorly written it's ridiculous!!!

·
Premium Member
1,779 Posts
bcn = :bacon:

;D

·
Registered
9,110 Posts
I'll always have a special place in my heart for LOL and lol. You did just use WTF though so not all of the short hand terms that have evolved from l33t speak are bad :)
WTF is actually a way to express :BangHead: over the radio. Originated in the military, and is actually said, "whiskey tango foxtrot." It's in the Pantheon of military acronyms, along with SNAFU and FUBAR.

By the way, I voted BCN!

DWN WTH VWLS

·
SV Hadder
10,486 Posts
WTF is actually a way to express :BangHead: over the radio. Originated in the military, and is actually said, "whiskey tango foxtrot." It's in the Pantheon of military acronyms, along with SNAFU and FUBAR.

By the way, I voted BCN!

DWN WTH VWLS
N THS CSE, S "Y" VWL?

·
Registered
308 Posts
thank you wikipedia

BOHICA - Bend Over, Here It Comes Again
DILLIGAS - Do I Look Like I Give A ****
DILLIGAFF - Do I Look Like I Give A Flying ****
FIDO - **** It-Drive On
FISHDO - **** It, **** Happens - Drive On
FIFI - **** It-Fly It
FUBAB - ****** Up Beyond All Belief
FUBAR - ****** Up Beyond All Repair/Recognition/Reason
FUBB - ****** Up Beyond Belief
FUBISO - **** You Buddy, I'm Shipping Out
FUMTU - ****** Up More Than Usual
JANFU - Joint Army-Navy **** Up
KMACYOYO - Kiss My Ass Colonel, You're On Your Own
SNAFUBAR - Situation Normal: All ****** Up Beyond All Repair/Recognition/Reason
SOL - **** Out of Luck
SRDH - **** Rolls Down Hill
SSDD - Same ****, Different Day
SUSFU - Situation Unchanged, Still ****** Up
TARFU - Things Are Really ****** Up, or Totally and Royally ****** Up
TAUFU - Totally And Utterly ****** Up

·
Registered
9,110 Posts
Dude, I'm still trying to figure out "W E sil."

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
I was just talking to my girl about this the other day Capt. I can't stand how everything has become shorthand. Although it is a pretty quick way to weed out people you'll never want to talk to again.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts