Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so this repair job just gets more and more irritating each day. i fixed the oil pump gear and got that side all put back together with no leaks, everything torqued to specs. now my clutch is acting funny. it works fine when riding for about 10 to 15 pulls then it randomly will disengage the clutch but not re engage it when i release the handle. i have to shift to neutral and pump the clutch handle a few times and it makes an air discharge noise that i cant seem to locate. and then my clutch works again. i also noticed that the cover/ case that has the gear shift numbers on it has a nice little tab on the back side that the push rod from the clutch piston to the clutch basket goes through. when i pulled the cover i noticed that tab was no longer attached to the solid molded cover, and a nice jagged break. my question is this. that tab was not supposed to move at all and it appears to be either a guide for the push rod or a gunk blocker for the clutch piston. can that tab being broken make my clutch action any different or is my problem more of a air leak somewhere.

second question is this. who wants to buy my bike. lol j/k maybe.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thats what i thought until i bled an entire bottle of dot 4 through it and no bubbles in the fluid at all. im thinking i may have burst a seal on the clutch fluid line cause the other day it built up enough pressure to snap that metal tab off the front sprocket cover when i squeezed the handle. since then it has done that nice little random failure thing, but only when the engine is on. when its off it doesnt do it.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i was already tryin to sell it to get something smaller, i dont need 1000cc. i using it for commute and work anyways. so the better the mileage i can get the more money i make.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts