Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to adjust the stock rear shock in order to raise the tail for more of a street fighter look? I know a lot of people swap out the rear shock but I just did a front suspension upgrade along with a bunch of other upgrades and I just want to get back on the road as quickly as possible.

·
BannedCampCounselor
9,911 Posts
No. There is only preload adjustment on the stock rear shock, and this does nothing to affect ride height or tail height.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay thanks. What common shock conversions would offer adjustability? I know that the 636 conversion is very common. Would that work for what I'm looking for?

·
Registered
426 Posts
Lots of threads on shock swaps. Read through a few to understand what is involved and refer to a spread sheet like this for info on the shock that will tickle you're fancy.

BTW, there is no perfect direct swap fix for Gen 1. While some shocks can offer something decent there are compromises.

Only a model specific aftermarket shocks can give you the real deal on the hight adjustment while at the same time offering you the right spring rate for your weight, etc.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Do a search on dogbones. I made my own (19mm shorter then stock) and it raised the tail about 3 inches. The changes the way your bike handles though and raises the seat height alot too. To just get a high tail you can space out the lower part of the rear subframe.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts