Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The sv i purchased has a "LRC" (thats what it says on the dog bone) lowering kit on it. I looked these up online and it states a 2"-4" drop and mine is in the middle hole. I'm short and can stand on the bike flat footed now. Im going to raise the dogbone to the first hole for the highest setting. Now the forks have been raised up about an inch as well. How to a determine what measurement they need to be at for proper geometry?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Also, I have noticed that alot of folks state the 03 has a higher subframe then the other models. Would that have an effect on the drop of the lower links?

Excuse my newbness.

·
Banned
3,813 Posts
Just get a set of stock dog bones...

And sell the lowering ones to a midget, or a 14 year old 100 lbs chick... ;D

The Stock dog bones should be no more than $20-$25 bucks shipped...

Luis

·
Super Moderator
3,477 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
on my bike I just took a thick piece of metal and cut it the same length. Just subtracted desired length between the two mounting holes on the stock dogbones and drilled out the metal on the new ones 10 bucks at home depot for the metal say 5 for the drill bit, and call it 15bucks for a pair of raising dogbones given you already have a saw

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just for reference, stock length is 5-11/16 inches or 146 mm.
That is probably the shortest option on the links you have.

I have these and love them! http://www.soupysperformance.com/catalog/item/4408900/4618738.htm ---Just a little pricey though.
Im assuming that measurement is from the center of both holes correct? If that is the case then the first set of holes on my dogbone would be the factory height. So i wouldnt have to purchase factory ones just raise them and put the forks back to factory.

·
Super Moderator
3,477 Posts
Im assuming that measurement is from the center of both holes correct? If that is the case then the first set of holes on my dogbone would be the factory height. So i wouldnt have to purchase factory ones just raise them and put the forks back to factory.
Keerect! You could even cut/grind the excess length to save a few grams!

on my bike I just took a thick piece of metal and cut it the same length. Just subtracted desired length between the two mounting holes on the stock dogbones and drilled out the metal on the new ones 10 bucks at home depot for the metal say 5 for the drill bit, and call it 15bucks for a pair of raising dogbones given you already have a saw
Knowing how good the piece of metal was and how good you are, that would make me feel better!

·
Banned
3,813 Posts
An you can buy aluminum dog bones for $20.00 @ 1/2 inch increments to lower or raise the bike...

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Got the bike back up to factory height and wow what a difference. I did shave the seat as well and its a night and day difference from how it did handle.

Thank you for the help!

·
Registered
50 Posts
How did you safely get the load off the suspension to take the dogbones off? Will using front and rear stands while jacking up under the engine safe?

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
3,477 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts