Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you think this helps?I've been a custom to blipping throttle on downshifts,but I've been trying to maintain a little throttle steady,hit my downshifts and fan the clutch out b/w gear changes,to me it seems smoother.I'm no gp rider but I think it's funny whenever you see a superbike startup they are not idling at 1100 rpm's.Back in the day they had to keep revving ,cause they had no idle circuit in carbs,but with modern tech ,why do they idle so high.Does this aid rider with downshifting?What ya think?

·
Registered
6,316 Posts
Because they are over carbed,and won,t idle low?.
My old 125gp bike would die below 7k.
F1 cars idle at 8k.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Im pretty sure idle has almost nothing to do with downshifting..
stunters turn up the idle to make balnce point wheelies easier..
maybe you are just listening to a new FI bike from a cold start, idle is kicked up by the puter to warm it up, get oil pumping..
idle isnt exactly the smoothest part of the rpm band, so if you are indeed talking about a fully spec'd race superbike it probly has something to do with all the light-weight engine internals.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Have you ever missed your braking marker and said oh ****,got on the brakes so hard where you couldn't blip throttle,whithout compromising your braking.What happens when you pull the clutch in?The revs drop way off.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Makes on off/off on throttle transitions easier to achieve smoothly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts