Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright - I have had enough! It has rained everyday on the way to school or on the way back home. I come to a wet seat every day this week. I am looking out the rain and it is raining crazy hard and I have class in 30 mins...

It is times like this that I hate my motorcycle.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
i managed to get about 20 mins of riding yesterday, it was actually cool enuff for me to wear my leather jacket, florida heat tho in the day is like, so amazing, i actually feel like im walking about, wait... yeah like im walking around on fire...uh huh

·
Registered
744 Posts
Buy some good rain gear. Then riding in the rain becomes fun.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
rain riding scares the crap out of me most of the time... It really is not pleasent. I try to avoid it as much as possible - even if it mean sitting for an extra hour on campus.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
zoltan said:
Buy some good rain gear. Then riding in the rain becomes fun.
+1

·
Registered
737 Posts
Yup, with the proper rain gear, riding in the rain is extremely fun!

I especially love the stares that cagers give me - they look at me in complete amazement, while I'm grinning like a monkey under my helmet!

·
Registered
39 Posts
You get even wierder looks when you walk dripping into the gas station because your wallet and credit cards are soaked, so the card won't read. I left a serious puddle on the floor, and I am sure the guy left my five out to dry for a while. Lane splitting in the dark and the rain sucks, especially when it is the only way to get the 200 miles you need to go.
One of these days when I have extra money and move back to the pacific northwest I will end up with a set of rain slicks. Just to do stoppies in the wet. ;D

·
Registered
96 Posts
I love riding in the rain, and was really suprised to find out how well the SV handles in it. I thought I'd be scared, but I'm not. The only thing that I've found that sucks is that if it starts raining, you have to keep going. I made the mistake of riding in the rain, stopping to chat for a few and left my helmet visor up. All the moisture got trapped inside, and wouldn't dry when I started riding again... not being able to see while riding in the rain is the only thing that scares me. It seriously sucked!

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
Hartsplash I would love to ride in the rain with you. :)

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts
Its not so much fun when it goes SV325 on ya....

·
Registered
737 Posts
Haven't had that happen to me once. Even when I didn't have any dielectric grease in there.

It cut out completely once, but that's because I was riding in standing water that reached my lower calf... but never has it become an SV325 on me. Thankfully.

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts
Maritan said:
Haven't had that happen to me once. Even when I didn't have any dielectric grease in there.

It cut out completely once, but that's because I was riding in standing water that reached my lower calf... but never has it become an SV325 on me. Thankfully.
Lucky. Happens all the time to me. So here comes the grease. Its my daily commuter so I ride regardless.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts