Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i bent my radiator in my get-off at poconos this past weekend. in trying to decide if i want to send it off to be fixed or replace it, i checked ron ayers to see if the '04 or '05, which i thought were narrower, would fit.

imagine my surprise when i saw that they all use the same part, which has (according to ron ayer) been discontinued.

so what should i do? be without the bike for a week or so while i ship it to motorcycleradiators.com (cost $100 + shipping) or order a new one from somewhere (or maybe find it in the cycle salvage yard) and just replace it straightout?

suggestions?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it's not leaking right now, but i dont want to leave it bent. i'll probably send it out to be fixed instead of spending a few hundred on a new one that's not any narrower.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
667 Posts
An '05 radiator fits on my '04, only the way the fan mounts is different. It looks a TON better IMHO. Just buy a new one if you have the $$
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,399 Posts
stranger said:
it's not leaking right now, but i dont want to leave it bent. i'll probably send it out to be fixed instead of spending a few hundred on a new one that's not any narrower.
doofus... they discontinued the 03 radiator, not the new, narrower 04-05 version. :p

another option would be a gsxr radiator hmm...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wonderjosh said:
doofus... they discontinued the 03 radiator, not the new, narrower 04-05 version.  :p

another option would be a gsxr radiator hmm...
[newbie question]will a gsxr radiator be a direct bolt up?[/newbie]
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,625 Posts
stranger said:
[newbie question]will a gsxr radiator be a direct bolt up?[/newbie]
The Sv race shop has I-4 radiators that are made to fit the SV. Something around 300$ for them though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
evilbologna said:
The Sv race shop has I-4 radiators that are made to fit the SV. Something around 300$ for them though.
and from what i've heard, without fans. i need a fan.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,399 Posts
stranger said:
and from what i've heard, without fans. i need a fan.
basically, you buy a gsxr radiator off ebay(you can buy the fan too).. then you send it to them, they cut the bottom half off the radiator so it wont bother your front wheel, then they reweld the mounts to fit the sv. they send it back to you, and you mount it up. you can use a fan, you just gotta hook it up yourself.
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top