Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've done some work to my SV lately, and just noticed that there is a plug not plugged into anything on the radiator. Facing forward, it's on the right side of the bike and comes from the top of the radiator; I think it's the radiator/fan switch.

Does this need to be plugged in to work? It's a race bike, so it may not need to be since it doesn't sit around idling.

Thanks. Any help appreciated.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What color is the wire? Does it have a color stripe? Need to know that to identify it.
Thanks, but I figured it out at the track. Saw another SV and his was unplugged as well.

But... It's just a black wire bundle exiting the top right of the radiator as you face forward, in front of right knee. It has a clip-style plug on it and I think it's the fan switch, which again is not really needed on trackdays since you are normally moving and providing plenty of air flow through the radiator. Honestly, i'd have to even look if there is still a fan mounted on the bike, I have no idea.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Could it be the horn connector?

·
Registered
6,503 Posts
Fan wires are one black, one blue. Sounds like the fan. Thermo switch is one black with red stripe, one black with white stripe.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts