Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there any reason i shouldn't or couldn't bring my bent radiator to any local shop that does radiator work?

also, are radiators are aluminum, right? i just want to make sure i'm correctly answering the questions these guys ask me

K

·
0 Posts
I WAS WOUNDERing the same thing
that is before i tried fixing my radiaitor my self
not recomended at all

·
Registered
153 Posts
I fixed mine, and works like a charm. But only reccomend it as a temporary fix. I see no reason why you couldn't take your rad. into a local shop.

·
Registered
744 Posts
99.9% of radiator shops won't work on an aluminum motorcycle radiator, and if they do, they just use an epoxy to plug the leak. I'd strongly suggest sending the radiator to http://www.motorcycleradiators.com/. They do excellent, excellent work and do their best to turn the radiator around fast.

J

·
0 Posts
Stranger my dad is a mechanic in Bergen county. I know he doesn't do radiators but if you want i can find out where he recommends locally.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
jaycee said:
Stranger my dad is a mechanic in Bergen county.  I know he doesn't do radiators but if you want i can find out where he recommends locally.
that would be awesome! at the very least, i'd have other options besides motorcycleradiators.com to consider before making a decision

P

·
0 Posts
When I put a rock through the radiator on the Colorado trip last year, I ended up fixin' it with JB Weld. It's been fine for almost a year and over 10k miles.

Of course I have no idea how badly yours is damaged.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts