Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 03 S model, but I just installed a 1st gen naked model radiator. I had to splice some wires together since there was not two places on the bike to plug the fan, and radiator in.

When I started it, the fan runs all the time now. Is that bad?

Is there a way I could tap into a wire where when it reaches a temperature it automatically turns on like it when it was stock.

I also posted this in 1st gen territory.

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts
I think you found the only hitch related to bolting up a 1st gen rad on a 2nd gen. The temperature sending unit or whatever it is, is different on the two. The 2nd gen has a readout for a temperature, on first gens, all it did was activate a light when it reached a certain temp (and the fan). I'm not sure how to fix that, personally, I would just hook up a switch, and whenever you feel like hte bike is running hot in stop and go traffic or whatever, just switch it on.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was thinking about a switch. Ok I did not know if I did something wrong or what, but that explains it.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
this makes sense because svraceshop said it was a direct bolt up, but they don't use fans so that wouldn't have been an issue for them.

thanks for confirming it's a bolt up, and for pointing out the potential problem

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you go with a naked radiator for the S model it is not a direct bolt up. I had to make all my own brackets. Pain in the ass, and thank god for Dremel tool.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts