Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello again :eek:ccasion14:,

My bike is leaking a small amount of fluid from the radiator neck. I'm ready to get this problem sorted out and the radiator itself is in such disrepair that Im not sure if its the cap (which is scrapped up from a drop and missing the tiny lock-screw) or the filler neck itself that may be warped and fluid "seeping" from the a warped area the cap just doesnt quite cover (we're taking very small amounts)

i've since zip tied a rag to the cap to catch any fluid because it was being thrown all over the frame etc. side of the bike, and im just wondering if, a new cap + bolt will fix it (and if they are for sale anywhere)

or if maybe the neck is to blame? (and i should take pics so someone else can inspect it)

And also, a general question about these shops you sent your radiator into for repair, when you get your radiator back, is it flush like OEM? Because im wondering if i send it in for repair will they "align it" back to OEM Specs, because the radiator itself is not broke, its just bent/warped, theres no need to fix it, internally just externally so that the radiator fan will sit flush and onubstructed, so the blades may spin freely which is not the case now.

·
Registered
540 Posts
I had the same problem with the neck. PO lowsided on my bike on the right side which caused a little leakage. I swapped caps (it was 10 bucks, pretty cheap) and it fixed it. Hasn't leaked as of then. my new cap doesn't have a bolt on it, fyi. My filler neck looks pretty crappy from wear but it's still keeping up. Unless the neck is distorted (not circular anymore), then you might have a problem but if it's still circular and it takes some effort to put the cap on, then the neck should be ok.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts