Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My radiator is leaking from the cap. The cap seems to be fine, but the "duction" where it attaches is messed up from a drop of the bike...It leaks mostly on long rides but it's no that much. Reason is that the cap doesn't seal completely (Hard to remove and put back in) The screw holds it but don't know how well

Question: Is there any way it can be fixed? if so how?. I don't really want to buy a new radiator (400 bucks new) and there's no way I can buy just that part (as far as I know)

What are the chances of the cap coming off and me getting burned? if that's most likely to happen then I'll get a new one but would like to find another way out

Thanks in advance,

LithiumSky

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks

·
Registered
27 Posts
I had the same issue w/my radiator exact same. I sent it out on 4/20/09 and they sent it out fixed on 4/232/09. I'm waiting so see the results.

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had the same issue w/my radiator exact same. I sent it out on 4/20/09 and they sent it out fixed on 4/232/09. I'm waiting so see the results.

How much did they charge you? I haven't fix mine yet....It just stopped leaking all of the sudden...but I do plan on getting it fix, and would like to know how much they charge for that kind of fix.

·
Registered
27 Posts
How much did they charge you? I haven't fix mine yet....It just stopped leaking all of the sudden...but I do plan on getting it fix, and would like to know how much they charge for that kind of fix.
San Fernando huh? I was born at Mission Hills mayn. I lived in Valencia for 12 yrs, anyways....

For fixing the neck, they chopped the old one off and welded a brand spankin new on there for $75. They also welded 2 broken brackets and the honeycomb par of the radiator but that was extra.

Shipping from Seattle,Wa to Utah was $9 and they had it back to me within a week!:D

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
San Fernando huh? I was born at Mission Hills mayn. I lived in Valencia for 12 yrs, anyways....

For fixing the neck, they chopped the old one off and welded a brand spankin new on there for $75. They also welded 2 broken brackets and the honeycomb par of the radiator but that was extra.

Shipping from Seattle,Wa to Utah was $9 and they had it back to me within a week!:D
Really, wow that's a very good price...I'll be sending mine soon

I just moved here (1 year) lived in Los Angeles before

·
Registered
54 Posts
I'll second Myler's for radiator repair jobs. Mine looked like a Taco after a recent wreck.

Had two leaks, needed a new filler neck, straightening, and some brackets welded back on.

I paid $178 with shipping but they did alot of work to mine and it looks brand new.

They do awesome work.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts