Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2005 SV650S
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi my 05 SV650 project is finally underway whilst still in the disassembly phase I have confirmed good compressions stripped and cleaned with more to be done.

I have noted there is a modification for a manual fan switch with some average wiring fitted to the bike however the temp bulb/switch mounted in the radiator functions as described in the service manual on a circuit check hence the reason for overriding the system is a mystery at the moment.

On removal of the radiator I noted a bog job for a leak repair adjacent to the temp switch and decided to replace the radiator and hoses. The hoses available on the internet state they suit 2003 & 2004 can anyone confirm that the hoses are the same on a 2005 model SV650S?

Additionally I noted on the internet that there are manual override switch kits advertised for SV650 is this a common fix for a common problem and should I go with the manual system?

I have located a connector tied off which I am assuming is the factory fan power connector.

First item on attached photo details radiator and hose kit I have reviewed on ebay

Any help is appreciated

Best Regards Dave.D from down under
Light Gadget Font Material property Screenshot
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood Tire Automotive lighting

Hand Wood Automotive tire Finger Bumper

Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Bumper

Attachments

·
Registered
2006 SV650S
45 Posts
G'day Dave,

I've only just learned that the rad is slightly wider/shorter on the 03/04 models vs 05 and later. When I look up the outlet hose, for example, the OEM part number is 17852-17G00 for the 03/04 models but -17G10 for the 05/06. They even show a different hose for the 07 and later (-17G20). No idea why since the radiator is supposedly the same from 2005 to 2015. Looking at the parts diagram, the hose layouts seem pretty similar but the 03/04 'S' models have an extra hose to raise the radiator fill cap (#31 on diagram).

I have no experience with this issue but if the 03/04 rad is wider, those hoses might work with an '05 rad. The bends might not be exactly in the right place but at least they won't be too short. Seems better than the other way around.

Good luck

Cheers,

Jeff

p.s. I've attached illustrations for '04 and '08 (supposedly) but I've noticed the diagrams can often be wrong.

Organism Yellow Font Rectangle Slope

Rectangle Slope Line Font Parallel

·
Registered
2005 SV650S
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Jeff your help is appreciated I will take a look at the alternatives re repair or trying to locate an 05 radiator.
All very interesting and great learning with the assistance of the SV Riders such as yourself.
Where in Canada do you live. I have spent a bit of time with DeHavilland / Bombardier in Toronto over the years working with Dehavilland DHC-8 turboprops which are a great aircraft and well suited to Australia.

Best Regards,
Dave

1 - 4 of 4 Posts