Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was riding around with some friends today, and a very coincidental event happened. I asked if one of them could show me where a certain motorcycle shop was located. Literally 100 feet before we drove by the shop (on a 25mph back residential road) the return line to my radiator somehow just came off. I didn't notice until about a block and a half later when a friend riding behind me pulled up next to me quickly yelling TURN OFF YOUR BIKE. As he says this, I start seeing smoke, so I flip the killswitch. Panic didn't really ensue, more of a omg wtf.

I don't believe in fate or karma or anything like that, but the bike has been great for the 6,000 miles I've put on it since I've owned it, and something goes wrong 100 feet in front of motorcycle shop I wanted to stop by...crazy.

Thankfully one of them had allen wrenches and a screw driver with him, so we were able to get the fairings off, and a lady in the neighborhood let us use her hose so I'm running mostly water right now lol.. One other thing I noticed is I'm missing about 5 random bolts, including one of my tank bolts..wtf? I'm not sure how I didn't notice that was gone until now, but it had to of come off recently. My guess is the vibrations are just shaking everything loose, including the clamp to the radiator hose. Here's a reminder to tighten your nuts and bolts :p

Also, I wish I could have taken a picture of the trail, but it was getting dark. It was about a foot in width, and you could even see where I shifted gears from the trail lol ;D I think it leaked a little slowly at first though and some must have gotten on my tire because 2 turns before the "explosion", my front tire slipped and it gave me a little scare, I guess I got lucky it was noticed before any damage was done to the engine or from a crash!

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes I am very lucky I didn't wipe out! By the time I pulled over, it had gotten all over my front tire, and my back left tire was soaked as well, I assume just by riding over the spill. Thankfully we were on a slow residential street. This stuff smells very sweet lol, especially when it burns :p

1 - 5 of 5 Posts