Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering, found out that sv650s rad caps can hold up to 1.1 bar or 16 psi. Are all rad caps the same diameter? Can I just search for 1.1 bar and use any cap? Thanks. A search on forum and google has led to multiple answers, but not a solid one. People name specific bikes that can fit an 05 sv650s but considering I need this soon, I can't just waltz into any dealership and ask (mostly because there are almost none around me :D)

·
Registered
4,184 Posts
lots of import cars have the same size cap. check an auto part store. if it's physically the same size and rated for 14-16 lbs., the cap won't know what kind of radiator it's on.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Go to a moto shop or dealership. There are many around San Jose.
They were pricing theirs at $35-40 per. I thought I could find cheaper online or elsewhere :D

lots of import cars have the same size cap. check an auto part store. if it's physically the same size and rated for 14-16 lbs., the cap won't know what kind of radiator it's on.
Yea, heard a lot of japanese automakers use the same cap as long as it's around 11 pounds. I grabbed one online for $20 because no one had any in stock around my area.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts