Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I'm sorting out my "new to me" 2004, and it looks like the previous owner "upgraded" the radiator, to something from another bike, with the fan mounted in front of the rad, which as you can imagine is causing all sorts of issues with being way too close with the fender when the suspension is compressed up front.

So, I sourced an OEM fan assembly, but I figure if I'm going to do this, may as well do it right. Am I better off finding an oem radiator, or is something like this worth my money?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Radiato...Parts_Accessories&hash=item3cc7b9758a&vxp=mtr

It seems like used stockers go for around 100, so the eBay replacement seems like it would make sense. I see a lot of talk about the delkevic unit, so that might be an option too. The fittings, sensors and wiring work well, so I should be able to swap those over from the existing "upgrade".

Ugh...I didn't notice the radiator issue when I looked at the bike, so this one is
on me...there's days when I'm an idiot. Thankfully it looks like the radiator is the only weird thing on the bike, and it runs and rides great. (Knock on wood)

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
Got any pictures? I'm curious as to how it looks with a different radiator.

If the 650 uses the same fan, you might want to talk to some racers - they don't tend to use fans.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've got the fan, so I can replace the ghetto fabulous unit that's on there, but I'm not sure the fan will fit behind the current radiator. (although that might be an option)

Does anyone have the dimensions for an SV radiator laying around?

Mine's an S model, although I think that only makes a difference for the 650?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts