Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all I've seen quite a few really nice vinyl and painted racing stripes on members SV's.

Been looking on google and just haven't seen what im looking for. Can anyone who's done them give me some advice or links. I have a 07 Blue nekid and would like something Silverish for the front fender, gas tank, and tail. Preferably the 2 thin line with the fat middle line.

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
vinyl bro, use vinyl.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yours look great Mbiken. What did you use to cut it? I'm a little nervous about my accuracy.

I'm thinking Silver or Gray possibly Black since there's so much black on the bike already.

Any opinions? Its this color blue:

·
Registered
535 Posts
i am a CAD designer and have access to a 4' paper cutter. however i did use an exacto and straight edge for the rear hugger. measure twice cut once. black or silver would be nice

·
Registered
7,347 Posts
Mine is in the paint, which I have to tell you is an unspeakable pain in the ass to do. But it does give you more colour and shape options, and I much prefer the finish. The good thing about vinyl is that if you do it wrong, it comes off. But the bad thing is that bad vinyl work looks absolutely horrendous, it's really not hard to get a horrible result with vinyl. But some of these guys show the way, it can be brilliant done right.

in conjuction with a straight edge.

That's never going to work. Of all the musical subgenres to try and use for a vehicle graphics update, this must be among the worst. Try doing it conjunction with emo-folk, they're all very square.

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
Mine doesn't look too bad? ???

·
Registered
7,347 Posts
Yours is very nice. Vinyl's easy to overdo though, what looks bold and striking when done in paint tends to look a bit tacky and OTT when done in vinyl I think. But yours is spot on.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I was wondering if you have warning/tips or/and recommended tools needed to make installation flawless. I will install it on a suzuki sv1000 the tank isn't completely even and i don't know if to do front fender too, didn't really like some pics i've seen so far.
Also I was thinking in narrow the the strip down just a little to give it a little finesse (and reduce folding risk!)
Thank you for any advise!
Nicolas

·
Registered
186 Posts
I just got done painting my tank (and seat cowl) white w/black stripe. It was fairly easy, though I was re-doing my paint completely. Not sure if it would be as easy to add to an already finished paint job. I've also still got to paint a white stripe on my front fender.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

EDIT: oh yea, and I used a rattle can. Just followed http://forum.svrider.com/showthread.php?p=2125974 this guy's paint instructions.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yeah I got exactly that one. the guy that sells it advised me to use a squeegee and the wet application method, instructions comes with the product.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts