Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've been thinking about putting a racing stripe down the center of my bike. either in white or black. start on the nose, come through the narrow gap between the headlights. continue on the tank down and then on the cowl and maybe between the taillights.

thoughts? anyone wanna photoshop it up? tog? digtial diver?

got some black masking tape as donnie suggested and had some fun this morning. here are some of the results:

(the tank pad will be removed if i do the stripe, but i wasn't going to remove it for the tape tests)

thick single stripe:

think single with border:

single thin stripe:

single thin with border:

J

·
0 Posts
I think the black stripe would go nice with the black frame. It will also give your bike a more unique look.

·
Premium Member
6,199 Posts
Why don't you try cutting and painting some masking tape the color you want it, clear coat the masking tape and put it on your bike... It'll hold up for a few days and look decent enough to give you an idea as to if you'll like it long term or not.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
donniej said:
Why don't you try cutting and painting some masking tape the color you want it, clear coat the masking tape and put it on your bike... It'll hold up for a few days and look decent enough to give you an idea as to if you'll like it long term or not.
that's actually not a bad idea. i could probably use electric tape too since it's black.

and jaycee - i'm working on the black lowers - it could really tie the bike together nicely!

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts
I've thought about the same thing, and I thought it would look good even on my copper baby, but even better on yours since it would pretty much tie the blackness of the frame to the silver plastics. Do the test run with tape, and take pics 8)

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
is electrical tape safe to use? any remaining stickiness can be taken care of with goo-gone. but any danger to the paint?

·
Premium Member
6,199 Posts
I've never seen a problem with electrical tape.

WD-40 works well to get the stickiness off.

"not a bad idea"??? It's a focking brilliant idea!!! :lol:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hey stranger,

If you want to, you can email me a pic of your bike and I can play around in GIMP and see what comes out...

I'm working late tonight, but I can probably have it by tomorrow.

Just tell me how and where you want the stripe to be, and hopefully I'll have a decent image to show ya. It can't hurt... :roll:

André

BTW, my email is [email protected]

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
ive thought about doing a white stripe on my blue naked, but i think it would make it look too much like ducati monster. definately would look good, but i dont want people to think thats its another bike you know?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Doesn't sound too hard. Do you have some high res pics (front, overhead and back)? My K5 is yellow and I can't quite get my pics to look like your bike.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
DigitalDiver said:
Doesn't sound too hard. Do you have some high res pics (front, overhead and back)? My K5 is yellow and I can't quite get my pics to look like your bike.
yeah, i can get some for ya to work off of

·
Registered
44 Posts
gahdzila said:
have you thought about vinyls?

although the name has slipped my mind, there is a company out there somewhere that makes vinyl stick on racing stripes and flames for motorcycles.

can someone help a brotha out with a linky?
I'm guessing you're thinking of www.tapeworks.com

·
Registered
236 Posts
they have some pretty cool shit. And i seen this guys triumph the other day with graphics on it. until your right upclose to the paint you would never know it was a sticker. I think i want something now. whattya guys think will look good on a silver naked? :lol:

·
Registered
236 Posts
thaT REFLECTIVE TAPE IS BAD AS HELL! DURING THE DAY ITS NORMAL AND AT NIGHT YOUR ALL LIT UP! doubt any cars will miss you with that stuff.

·
Registered
44 Posts
mario60185 said:
they have some pretty cool s**t. And i seen this guys triumph the other day with graphics on it. until your right upclose to the paint you would never know it was a sticker. I think i want something now. whattya guys think will look good on a silver naked? :lol:
Definitely wicked stuff. At one point, I was thinking of doing this 8) :

1 - 20 of 60 Posts