Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
**Disclaimer**
I did search the forums for discussions of brake pads but much of it was for street use.

I want biased opinions of front pads for racing. With reasons...i.e. good bite, bites all the way through...etc.

EBC
Galfer
Ferrod
Vesrah

Really appreciate it. :)

·
Registered
50 Posts
i've only used EBC and Vesrah's.

with EBC's new "extreme pro" race pads, they are pretty equivalent to the Vesrah SRJL's. the vesrah's do have a slightly harder initial bite.....but both of these pads work great. i am currently on EBC extreme pro's and like them more over the vesrah's cuz i can control the braking better and the EBC's don't put out all that nasty brake dust everywhere. :D

i believe their prices are similar with EBC being slightly cheaper.

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
I am in love with the vesrahs. I don't think I will ever run another pad, just because of how satisfied I am with them. I tracked the stock pads for quite some time, and I never had confidence in my brakes until I switched over to the vesrahs. Now when I squeeze the lever, my mind is no longer focusing on brake fade, or power, but only on making sure the rider is as good as the equipment.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
vesrahs for me too for years. really strong bite, dont fade much, last a long time on the sv, and pay contingency so i never have to buy any.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I use Vesrahs on one bike and Ferodo on another and Im' still not quite sure which one I like better....both work well and I get used to either one within a few laps.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you all for the input. This is exactly what I was looking for. I believe it will be Vesrahs for me. Anyone have a name of a good supplier for them?

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
i know several places you can get vesrahs if you end up having trouble.

yes, everyone that runs them on sv's use the rjls. they're plenty good enough for it.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i know several places you can get vesrahs if you end up having trouble.

yes, everyone that runs them on sv's use the rjls. they're plenty good enough for it.
Thanks Kris. Should I expect to pay @ $80 for these?

Also, what is the procedure most people use for bedding in the new pads?

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
yes thats the price. there is no bedding required for vesrahs. you can just put them on and go. if you havent been using them, i recommend you clean your rotors real well with some sandpaper, then brake cleaner to remove the old pad material. no need to bead blast them.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yes thats the price. there is no bedding required for vesrahs. you can just put them on and go. if you havent been using them, i recommend you clean your rotors real well with some sandpaper, then brake cleaner to remove the old pad material. no need to bead blast them.
Excellent info!!!! Now one more question...sandpaper???what grit?

·
Registered
284 Posts
A rotor hone is the BEST way to clean the rotors. Sandpaper can leave gritty residue and doesn't leave a proper finished surface. A hone will leave a proper crosshatch for best performance.

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
I had a machine shop bead blast mine. I wanted to be 100% sure all the old pad material was off and that these brakes would be the best possible. Today at practice and qualifying I did notice a bit of fade after quite a few hard laps, but nothing alarming and the brakes were still very good.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts