Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need badly to install racing clipons on my sv.
is there anyone who knows something Labour the topic? is there any other modification I have to do on the bike in order to do so?
any info will be great.

·
Super Moderator
8,340 Posts
what year bike? on a 2g you'd need to modify the headlight brackets. you'd also need to reroute a bunch of cables. but otherwise it's a joke of a job

·
Registered
8 Posts
Super simple for the most part. Remove current handlebar and all controls (clutch/brake levers, switches, throttle, etc.), remove top triple tree, slide on clip-ons, put triple tree back on, position handlebars where you want (make sure they're symmetrical), put all controls onto the handlebars, and you're done! There may be some issues with cable lengths but you should be fine. When I made the change, I also put on new turn signals, a custom switch housing, and changed out my throttle.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
1st of all thank u all 4 the super detailed answers.
Is there supposed 2 b an issue with the range of rotation of the handlebars and the fuel tank?

·
Registered
27 Posts
I had these installed instead of clip-ons.

Positives:
  • High quality product
  • Good width
  • Sporty but not too aggressive position - good compromise between clip-ons and handlebars
  • Detailed instructions for install
  • Original cables fit fine
  • Fills the gap left by the handlebar clamp
Negatives:
  • Not as adjustable as clip-ons
  • Expensive
  • For track only and racing, lower / more aggressive setup might be better

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
P.S. I use the bastard at the racetrack. This is the all idea of why I want to install the clipons

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have seen it already. U described it well but 'cause of the negatives I decided not to buy it. I need something much more aggressive and adjustable for the track.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
my hands r too high. I don't like the body position and l am unable to lean my arm against the fuel tank. really frustrating

·
Registered
5,374 Posts
1st of all thank u all 4 the super detailed answers.
Is there supposed 2 b an issue with the range of rotation of the handlebars and the fuel tank?
I don't about the 3rd gen specifically, but there often is. If you don't restrict range of motion the switch pods on the bars will hit the tank.
I usually glue or JB Weld small squares of aluminum stock to the steering lock tab on the frame.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I installed universal 41mm clipons under the upper clamp. No regulations available.
I just loved the results.
For perfect fitments, I made a new headlight support too, but it is possible to use the factory one.

Attachments

·
Registered
443 Posts
Woodcraft clipons so you dont have to take off the top triple clamp. I tapped my steering stops on the frame and put in a 4mm allen head screw that was just enough to stop full turn without hitting my tank. It was that simple. YMMV.

Reactions: yarivonnn

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
very nice what you did there! so you say it's possible to use the original headlight? any other modification needed? cables and stuff?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts