Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
5,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It wasn't really a race at all actually. Heading up 2222 (windy mountain road where my friend ate it a month ago) I saw a red with white racing stripes Viper GTS... iicense plate is "FASSST"
I casually caught up to him as he kept taunting me with ever increasing speed. But I finally got up next to him just before we hit the good curves. I realized "hey, I know this guy." But I digress.
Anywho, I decided not to be right next to him through the curves so I back off about 20 yards as we hit the first hard left (I've taken it at 75 before). He definitely was taking the curve fast for a car and I was moving quicky but could take the turn at over 80.
As soon as the curve was finishing we both gassed it but I was 4th gear instead of 3rd. But it didn't matter because he accelerated from ~70 to ~110 in a heartbeat and I had absolutely no chance. He had to slow for the tightest curve as I caught up to him through it and I passed him giving the thumb of "yes you're a freaking rich ding dong."

He deals in Exotic and Foreign Cars and I think that's his 8th Viper. Heavily modified to have sub-11second 1/4 mile capability on street tires.
I won't go into any more detail about this man's line of super street cars: 10 second streetable Supras, and corvettes... ***!

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Why is he a ***? So he likes fast/exotic cars.

That viper will out corner your SV, hands down. The capability of the driver is the only thing holding it back.

·
Registered
254 Posts
AvidSV650Rider said:
Why is he a ***? So he likes fast/exotic cars.

That viper will out corner your SV, hands down. The capability of the driver is the only thing holding it back.
+1

V

·
0 Posts
why do you have to hate? just enjoy the ride...

fun story though, id like to ride with a viper just for kicks...

A

·
0 Posts
Where the hell did my highschool guidance counsellor go wrong!? Why couldn't they show me the way to dealing in exotic sports cars?!

Oh well...I'll just have to wait for the lottery till I own my entourage of fast toys.

500hp car vs a 68 hp bike. Power to weight ratio, he's got you there...and the fact that he can jump on the throttle without worrying about highsiding or lowsiding out of a turn is another plus for him.

I don't like the odds, but I would probably do something stupid and try to keep up!

J

·
0 Posts
I raced my friends 911 through an extremely twisty road. It wasn't even close, he killed me.

Now before someone replies with, "Well you just suck at riding," I suggest you go head to head with a capable sports car driven by a competent driver and let me know how it turns out. :lol:

·
Registered
5,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Note: I'm not calling him "***" out of hate. It's a joke.
Note 2: i had no doubt he would totally spank me in a straight (I know better) and I'm sure he can beat most of us through the curves in that thing. This guy can drive like nobody's business.
Example: he rented a 2000 Ford Crown Victoria and autocrossed it 30 minutes later with two of his friends with him. He beat so many people!

Also, "the capability of the driver being the only thing holding it back" applies more to bikes than cars. True, it's been heavily modded and my bike is stock but if I were a super rider I might take him through the curves on my stock bike.

The end

·
Registered
154 Posts
ShaggyZ said:
Also, "the capability of the driver being the only thing holding it back" applies more to bikes than cars. True, it's been heavily modded and my bike is stock but if I were a super rider I might take him through the curves on my stock bike.
Then again, you probably wouldn't.

The end

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
ShaggyZ said:

The end
A car like that will spank any bike in the twisties. High performance sports cars are faster than bikes in turns. There's no way around it. They just have more traction. In a straight line, bikes rule.

A stock viper would beat a stock bike in the curves.

Y

·
0 Posts
Hmmm that might be interesting to see.

Rossi Vs Earnhardt Jr in the twisties. :shock:

V

·
0 Posts
Yeah but I'll tell you what I'll beat ANY high performance car thru the streets of boston! : )
While they sit in the 1hr of traffic I'm lanesplitting across town in 15 mins : )

V

·
0 Posts
eeeeek said:
yoda said:
Hmmm that might be interesting to see.

Rossi Vs Earnhardt Jr in the twisties. :shock:
Rossi. Road race results show that Earhardt doesn't do well with right hand turns.

:lol: But 3 lefts??? Can Earhardt bumb? cuz i think he might win then...

·
Registered
13 Posts
I like nascar, but as far as twistys go its more even if you throw a indy car driver in the seat, rater than most nascar circle track drivers.

my 2cents

P

·
0 Posts
VENNOM said:
I like nascar, but as far as twistys go its more even if you throw a indy car driver in the seat, rater than most nascar circle track drivers.

my 2cents
Indy cars (IRL) only race in circles nowadays. Now throw in a Champ Car, F1, or maybe even WRC driver and that's a whole other ball game.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Don't dismiss Nascar drivers because the only make left turns. They didn't get to where they are just making left turns.

I think it was Jeff Gordon that won the IROC (not the one with the Trans Am's, the one where the drive rally cars on a closed circuit) a few years ago.

·
Registered
98 Posts
AvidSV650Rider said:
A car like that will spank any bike in the twisties. High performance sports cars are faster than bikes in turns. There's no way around it. They just have more traction. In a straight line, bikes rule.

High performance sports cars don't hold more than 1 g... Bike does.

Before you bring F1s to the discussion, I don't talk about car with aerodynamic assistance.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Ziguy said:
AvidSV650Rider said:

My "low performance" Miata can easily attain a G with dot approved street tires.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Ziguy said:
AvidSV650Rider said:

Before you bring F1s to the discussion, I don't talk about car with aerodynamic assistance.
Haha, a stock viper has easily pulled over 1g on the skid pad:

http://www.2sportscars.com/dacr.shtml

Where's your proof that a bike pulls more than 1g on the skid pad? Did you ever watch the Top Gear: "Car vs Bike" shoot out? The bike got SCHOOLED in the corners.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Jesse H said:
My "low performance" Miata can easily attain a G with dot approved street tires.
I don't know how you get your number but here are some WITH R-compound rubber:

1 Ultima GTR 1.133g
2 Dodge Viper 1.097g
3 Toyota Supra 1.076g
4 Mitsu Eclipse 1.071g
5 Nissan Skyline 1.063g
6 Nissan 350Z 1.063g
7 Audi S4 1.031g
8 Mitsu Eclipse 1.018g
9 Toyota Supra 0.945g - was on street tire.

Any bike on sport tires can pull more than that!!!!!!

The Ultimate Street Car Challenge 3: Skidpad

1 - 20 of 126 Posts