Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To those who figured out the G1 race wiring schematic...THANK YOU!!! I used the pdf (color one helped a lot) located in these threads.

I spent the weekend taking my sweet time removing the entire wiring harness and key. Then installing all new wire. I was quite anal about the routing of the wiring, the wire colors and the connections so I took my time.

I am glad I listened to a fellow racer and didn't do this days before last race weekend.

I was a little nervous when I flipped the switch and had NO power. I quickly realized I forgot to put in the mini-fuze into the newly installed fuse holder.

Fired right off!!! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.

If there is anyone interested in doing this and need advice...drop me a pm.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Eric, glad to hear all went well. Forgot I was going to give you my extra resistors to use. Did you weigh the old harness to see how much you lost? Should drop 2-3 seconds at the next round!!

·
Registered
72 Posts
How did you do the resistor? We had a problem on a buddies track bike where it broke a led off. And we had it secured pretty well, and splinted with some plastic so the leds wouldnt bend. I probably need to redo mine now because mine was done the same way.

Also thanks to everyone who helped with those schematics. Made making the wiring harness a lot easier than staring at the full wiring diagram.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Eric, glad to hear all went well. Forgot I was going to give you my extra resistors to use. Did you weigh the old harness to see how much you lost? Should drop 2-3 seconds at the next round!!
LMAO...no I doubt I will drop even a second but it is wishfull thinking. I really appreciate the insight on getting this done. I am so glad I didn't do this before our first race weekend. Holy hell it took awhile to make sure it is right.

See you next race weekend.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How did you do the resistor? We had a problem on a buddies track bike where it broke a led off. And we had it secured pretty well, and splinted with some plastic so the leds wouldnt bend. I probably need to redo mine now because mine was done the same way.

Also thanks to everyone who helped with those schematics. Made making the wiring harness a lot easier than staring at the full wiring diagram.
I soldered all connections. Only crimped connections were up front where the on/off switch and the starter were at. I actually soldered the resistor incorrectly but corrected the mistake before I even tried to start it up. I can't begin to tell everyone that this isn't that hard...JUST TAKE YOUR TIME.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts