Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any Know of Skins (plastics) other than Sharkskinz for an '04 SV650? I'm out ther looking and I haven't seen many websites other than Hotbodies and Sharkskinz...

Thanks for the help.

G-

·
Registered
505 Posts
We just started selling the new GP Composites bodywork this year, and it's really great stuff! Flexibile like SharkSkinz, so it crashes well. Price is comparable to SharkSkinz , but GP's customer service is awesome. We got a new set of bodywork for Kris' SV race bike and they GP guys worked all weekend to get it done and shipped to Kris in time for his race! They also make a great new fairing bracket that is crashable like the GP Tech bracket, but without the "floppy" fairing ears. Shoot and e-mail if you want a price quote: sales at SVRaceShop.com.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
like jarel said, they were able to make me a set pretty quick, then ducowner 2nd day'd it to me so i could make my race....thanks again. the overall quality is as good as i've seen. its lighter than sharkskinz too.

i will have my paint completed within a week, then i'll have jarel post up pics of it. its gonna look awesome in the cyclezoo/svraceshop red black scheme. 8)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Kris, Jarel or DucOwner, does anyone have good pics of the install on Kris's bike? i have a set of GP composites that i got earlier this year. i had to do some serious cutting up front to allow the GSXR front end to turn lock to lock without rubbing. Anyway, this was my first install of bodywork (and GPs first generation of this bodywork i have come to find out). The upper looks great, but the lower slopes down in the rear which is the opposite of how I think it should look. ran the bike with no paint at the track and the lower scraped in two places. Scott at GP composites has said they've come up with a modified lower that they are now selling and will make things good with mine when i send it back. i just want to make sure the upper is installed correctly. I have to say the customer service is top notch. Also, what's this "crashable" fairing stay? is this thing servicable? the one i bought from GP composites is one piece. here's a pic of mine. i've got more if anyone feels like diagnosis. thanks,

jeff h

·
Registered
505 Posts
The new Morse racing fairing has removable ears that bolt onto the side so if you bend or break them, you can just bolt on new ones. Just like the GP Tech design, except the ears are actually bolted on instead of loosly clipped on so the upper is mounted much more solid. It's normal to have to trip the upper to make clearance for the Gixxer front end, I had to hack the crap out of my SharkSkinz the same way.

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
i had sharkskinz on my bike and they didnt interfere with gsxr750 front end

·
Registered
505 Posts
wonderjosh said:
Which upper? I have the GSX-R upper. When I had the SV upper, I had to trim the sides down to allow my levers to clear at full turn, since I like them tipped down a little.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
jeff h- your bodywork isn't rotated back and upwards far enough. as you stated, the lower slopes down, you need to reposition the upper fairing mounting point and adjust it.

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
jarelj said:
wonderjosh said:
Which upper? I have the GSX-R upper. When I had the SV upper, I had to trim the sides down to allow my levers to clear at full turn, since I like them tipped down a little.
I have 2nd gen.. nobody cares about your stone age carbafied technology 1st gen with gsxr upper :lol:

jk jk <3

·
Registered
505 Posts
wonderjosh said:
I have 2nd gen.. nobody cares about your stone age carbafied technology 1st gen with gsxr upper :lol:

jk jk <3
We'll settle this at the track then!! Get that new fangled petrol-injected contraption up here to MAM and we'll get down to 'bidness! :twisted:

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
jarelj said:
wonderjosh said:

jk jk <3
We'll settle this at the track then!! Get that new fangled petrol-injected contraption up here to MAM and we'll get down to 'bidness! :twisted:
gimme a couple more years to work on my skeelz :roll:

seriously though, this IS the 03+ forum, silly goose. ;)

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
jarelj said:
wonderjosh said:
seriously though, this IS the 03+ forum, silly goose. ;)
Well, hopefully I'm going to have a 2nd gen SV pretty soon so I can join your snooty little club!! :p
oh jolly good then we can all get together and have tea and crumpets :eek:

get an 05 so you can be eligible for some suzuki contingency moola... and so you can give it to me. Afterall, I am your inspiration... right!?

·
Registered
606 Posts
wonderjosh said:
You don't race but you post on the race section and the Gen 1 section...

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
DucOwner said:
wonderjosh said:
You don't race but you post on the race section and the Gen 1 section...

yes but i pay attention to which forum im in... jarel assumed everyone was talking about 1st gen bodywork when he was in the 03 forum

kiss mah ass :p

·
Registered
606 Posts
wonderjosh said:
get an 05 so you can be eligible for some suzuki contingency moola... and so you can give it to me. Afterall, I am your inspiration... right!?
Just got an '05 and you are such a homo...

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
DucOwner said:
wonderjosh said:
Just got an '05 and you are such a homo...
finally got a 2nd gen huh... good job, welcome to 2½ years ago
lol

You're just jealous because I give all my lovin' to Jarel. Just face it, you will never have me!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts