Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I'm looking to purchase a racing seat for my 2005 sv650. It needs to be pretty slick or if anyone knows a material I can put on my current seat. Thx.

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
I made a pan out of a thin piece of sheetmetal and then took some of that spongy floor that locks together and glued it on the pan works great !

·
Registered
604 Posts
Superbike tail FTW. Then stick on whatever material you want. I did notice a considerable improvement in side-to-side-shifting ease with a SB setup.
+1 Good idea

I've even seen racers just use the SB tail with nothing mounted for a seat.

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
I've been using a superbike tail for a few years and I'm trying a stock seat for this race weekend. Bike for me is unstable although I don't know if the seat has anything to do with it.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I've been using a superbike tail for a few years and I'm trying a stock seat for this race weekend. Bike for me is unstable although I don't know if the seat has anything to do with it.
How much of your forks are showing? 5mm or so? Have you messed with that height to try to solve stability issues?

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
I had been running +10mm showing, and I tried +5mm now and it didn't change a whole lot. Rear shock (Penske) was at 349mm.

My wifes gen1 is setup identical (fork internals, fork height and shock length) and her's is super smooth and stable. The 2 differences between our bikes are she has a normal seat, and an ohlins instead of Penske.

I shortened the Penske 1 turn so it's ~347mm and added the seat. Race weekend in 3 days so we'll see how that changes things.

I can run ~3 seconds faster a lap on her bike (and I feel more comfortable) so I am getting desperate. Bike just feels like it wants to crash all the time, very unstable in corners.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts