Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
An old question I am sure has been asked a million times. So here is the scenario: I have a 2008 SV650 bone stock. I would like to modify the bike for track riding while keeping it street legal. I know just about everyone has seen the GSXR-R bodywork package by "Hotbodies Racing" and that is where this particular bike is headed. My problem is I am a bit of a collector, so when I finish the SV I'm gonna want another bike to build. I have searched for budget CBRs, GSXRs, ZXs and either an R1 or R6 for the next build. But I keep thinking "too much". Too much horsepower, fatter more expensive tires, higher insurance cost and etc.

What about an MT-07? A Ninja 650? Both parallel twins and inexpensive to buy and maintain. Not to mention I am hunting a Honda Hawk GT to wear Repsol bodywork. Yes inline 4 engines wind up like crazy and already have the suspension and what not.......but I love V Twins. Haven't had much experience with parallel twins but the MT-07 gets rave reviews. I just think an engine with low end torque would be better suited for where I live. I live in Townsend, Tennessee so I have the Foothills Parkway, Deals Gap (Dragon), Highway 28 (Hellbender), Highway 62 (Devils Triangle), Wears Valley Road and Little River Road which all have hairpin curves, switchbacks, chicanes and elevation changes. Even though the inline 4 sport bikes are popular around here, they still have to keep them wound up in the lower gears for corner exits. I just feel that a bike with better low end torque works better around here.

So, SV650 Ecstar Replica, Honda Hawk GT Repsol Replica, Yamaha MT-07 Monster Yamaha Replica -vs- using the usual inline 4 bikes for the collection?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts