Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, that's the stubby.

Delkevic designed the midpipe to work on all year SVs - 2003 included. The '03 SVSs have a higher subframe, which means Delkevic had to design it so that the exhaust could be raised and lowered. At original height for my '07, the muffler was no parallel with the motorcycle - it suck out some at the rear. With the midpipe twisted upwards, it is now parallel. For now I bent a 3/4"x1/8" strip of aluminum for a bracket as the rear pegs won't work now. Looking into whether Blair (SV Racing Parts)'s race-mount bracket will work.

Just FYI, #1 is original location, #2 is about where it would be on an '03 S.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
OOOOOohhhh...

Let me know what you find out about the brackets...I love the looks of 2.

That is one area where I was just a little less than thrilled with the Delk - the fitment. Since it's designed for all years, my '04 doesn't quite line up.

2 = perfect! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I ordered one of Blair's race-mount exhaust brackets. Based on the measurements he gave me, it should work perfect.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Took my words to heart eh? lol. I vote for whatever puts it in line with the bike when looking from the front/rear. There are several lines on the rear of that bike for the exhaust to "follow" no matter what the angle is as long as it parallel with the bike.
Ironically, a friend of mine in OK suggested the same exact thing last night. I figured WTH ;D

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Here's what I'm running right now. When Blair's race mount bracket gets here the angle may or may not change.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts