Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All sorry I am new to these Forums out here in New Zealand we race SV650's in a class called pro twins in which we can change the rear shock front fork internals but no cartridge kits exhaust systems and body work.

I currently run GSXR600 fairings on my bike but they look out dated and to much of the common thing everyone runs them so I was wondering what other fairings fit not aftermarket SV kits but off other bikes like R^ etc

I really would like to run something differnt but dont want to spend alot of money to find the fairings are not capable of fitting

my bike is a 2001

Regards

Ivan

·
Registered
284 Posts
Personally, I use and really like ArmourBodies. Good fit, great quality and very durable. The look is also a little different from everyone elses.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah except my problem being in New Zealand it costs alot more than they are worth to ship them out but there a few fairing makers on hand here in NZ and plus picking up a set is quite easy

·
Registered
26 Posts
I've saw an sv with ducati 999 bodywork and another with RC51 bodywork that seemed to fit pretty well. I have no idea how much work was required to make them fit.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
CHEERS ALL,

I was told by aguy out here ZX10 fairings best suit the SV because of were the Air duct on thefairings is as in my class pro twins we are not aloud to add new ducting pipes to the air box etc

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
some of the SV's I have seen on these forums are really nice looking bikes I tryed to run my 1996 RS125 seat on my SV but it didnt look right on it. was thinking about Honda RS250 fairings also

·
Premium Member
2,059 Posts
I've saw an sv with ducati 999 bodywork and another with RC51 bodywork that seemed to fit pretty well. I have no idea how much work was required to make them fit.
My SV is accompanies by an RC51 in the garage already. It would be pretty tight to have the second SV as a hybrid. I may be looking at body work in the near future....I'd love to see the SV with the RC51 skins. Anyone have a picture?

·
Premium Member
2,059 Posts
Thanks Eric...you're right....those are hot!

I guess I'll be shoping soon enough;D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts