Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What exhaust will give the biggest power gain? Also, whats a good program to use to re-map the system, and are there any intake mods other than a K&N filter?

·
Registered
179 Posts
I hear M4 full has the best power gains. If you want to remap then you would have to get a power commander. Check out these sites:

http://www.pipecity.com/

Probably the cheapest power commander you can find:
http://www.indysuperbike.com/customer/home.php?cat=26660

You can remove the snorkel on the inlet to your airbox. Some people like the results, but I didn't. If you have a 650, you can get a 1000 snorkel. Some people prefer that over just removing the snorkel

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
get an m4 exhaust, leave the stock filter in, leave the map alone, it'll be fine. if you feel you must remap it, get someone with a teka box to do it. don't waste your $ on a pc.

·
Registered
326 Posts
What kind of power could a guy be looking at with a full M4 and no remap with a stock filter?

What does it take to get to 80 rwhp?

·
Registered
326 Posts
TTT

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What about the micron exhaust?

Mr. Black, the power gain on M4's website is 4.4hp and 1.8tq to the wheel with a full exhaust.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
All the racers I know use M4. Partly because the company is right here in Dallas... but mostly because they make the most power for the SV, are very well built and they sound great. I'm extremely happy with mine!

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sounds like a winner to me then. Kinda off topic but whats a really good chian lube? I'm using Bel Ray chain lube right now, I guess it's good stuff. Anyway, thanks for all your help guys!

·
Registered
745 Posts
Chain Wax  is the best I've found. Lube it after your ride so it has time to dry before riding again. This cuts down on fling.

Get a M4 titanium full race system. It's the only way to fly. ;)

BMC makes two air filters, one is basically just a stock replacement, the other is a race filter. I hear if you don't have fuel managing mods, (PC or Jet Kit depending on year) they will make your bike run awful. Maybe someone else can clarify this for you. Hope this helped.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Mr. Black said:
What kind of power could a guy be looking at with a full M4 and no remap with a stock filter?

What does it take to get to 80 rwhp?
on pump gas probably 74 hp or so. you need a little engine work, not much, and some race gas to hit 80.

·
Registered
326 Posts
You think a guy could feel going from 70-80 rwhp. I am just guessing that it is not worth it for the average street rider. To much expense for little gain. I will probably just buy a slip on and call her good.:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts