Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a lot of extra parts laying around, almost enough for another race bike, so I figured I'd build another one. 2nd gen 05 frame and motor.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Swapping out an untitled frame for a titled frame I picked up.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Now the hardest part of this build for me, electrical. Turning this stock harness into a stripped race harness with the bare necessities.

The end wiring diagram, used from LWTRACER, is the goal Im shooting for.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Proving to be a challenge, but making progress none the less.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Anyone know what this is? And is it needed?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wiring harness is done, now fingers crossed that it all works. Installed subframe, swing arm (with stock shock for now, looking for a good deal on Penski or Ohlins), and wired it all up. Still need a good radiator, but the damaged one I have will work for now to see if the wiring harness was done right.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Its been a pain trying to get the throttle bodies in. Never had this much trouble before any tips?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I got it put together and apparently I stuck with wiring. Nothing has power. Back to the drawing board and try again I guess. I'll figure it out eventually.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Wiring harness is done, now fingers crossed that it all works. Installed subframe, swing arm (with stock shock for now, looking for a good deal on Penski or Ohlins), and wired it all up. Still need a good radiator, but the damaged one I have will work for now to see if the wiring harness was done right.

Looking good! I have a Penske double clicker for sale for $600. Just serviced by Zoran with zero miles on it.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Looking good! I have a Penske double clicker for sale for $600. Just serviced by Zoran with zero miles on it.
Thanks you. I just bought a Penski double clicker a few weeks ago.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well it's been confirmed I suck with electrical. My mission to make a race harness failed for now. I just installed a new uncut harness, just waiting for the woodcraft ignition delete. Also, I have a Penski rear shock that I'm sending in with the front forks to be serviced then they'll go on with the new, used, vortex clipons.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Additionally, I picked up a set of used GSXR1000 body work ill be fitting on it.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Parts still needed:
Front rotors
Chain
Front master cylinder
Rearset
Exhaust
Gas cap
Side stand switch delete
Brake guard

·
Registered
3 Posts
Anyone know what this is? And is it needed?

you problabl figured it out in the meantime - but if not...
this is the laod resistor for the low fuel warning light. Introduced with K5+. K3/K4 had it built.in into the the speedo

my racing loom (on top) - weights 1.1kg less then original ;)

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
you problabl figured it out in the meantime - but if not...
this is the laod resistor for the low fuel warning light. Introduced with K5+. K3/K4 had it built.in into the the speedo

my racing loom (on top) - weights 1.1kg less then original ;)
Nice. Yes I found out a while ago what it does. However, I've installed the harness and was able to bypass the ignition but there is no killswitch now (had to pull the fuse to get it shut off). Im trying to figure out what I did wrong. Also, the gauges aren't working. I have a back up stock harness with the woodcraft ignition delete, so I'm continuing with the build. Just wish I could figure out the race harness.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts