Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does it matter what year bike I get the R6 throttle tube from, and do I just need the tube or do I need the the throttle tube housing to go with it?

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thank you thank you

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
scoobinator, are you sure it's not #9? so I am actually replacing the grip.... I thought it was a cable all this time.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Yes, it is #8. you are replacing the whole grip. It's easiest just to buy the set from a yamaha dealer. I think it cost me like 13 bucks. Cheap and effective upgrade.

S

·
0 Posts
Nope, that was exactly the part I ordered from RonAyers when I installed the R6 tube on my 2007 SV.
Part # 5SL-26240-01-00

I paid $7.46 for it about a year ago.

I was going to peel the Yamaha grip off it and put my original SV grip on so they match, but you'll see they're pretty close, nearly identical grip. I never bothered.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
You can break the mold and go with a GSXR throttle tube instead.

I was lazy when I did the frontend swap and had all the nec GSXR stuff. So I just slapped that beotch on.

·
BannedCampCounselor
9,911 Posts
scoobinator, are you sure it's not #9? so I am actually replacing the grip.... I thought it was a cable all this time.
Scoobinator is right- its #8. Its R6 throttle tube, not cable ;)
Its been well documented here on SVR. A quick search can confirm this if you dont want to take his word for it.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Nope, that was exactly the part I ordered from RonAyers when I installed the R6 tube on my 2007 SV.
Part # 5SL-26240-01-00

I paid $7.46 for it about a year ago.

I was going to peel the Yamaha grip off it and put my original SV grip on so they match, but you'll see they're pretty close, nearly identical grip. I never bothered.
It's $8.95 on RA now +$9 shipping. The local dealer here wanted $29 +Tax

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanjks everyone got it for 12 otd from the stealer ship

S

·
0 Posts
it's a short-twist throttle, meaning you don't have to re-grip and wind your hand all the way around to get the throttle to open full. Yes, it can be done on both the 1st and 2nd gereration SV650. The 2nd gen bikes require a little cutting of the R6 tube, and I believe the 1st generation does not. Check the canyonchasers.com website for details, or search for other threads here on SVRider.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts