Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this possible on an SV650S K7? I've searched the forum and haven't found anyone with successful information.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Absolutely. I didn't even have to mod the R6 tube for my '07 S.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
1st gen is up to '02. 2nd gen is '03+.

No modding at all. I've read of others not having to mod the tube on their '07. Most of the slack is gone, but the throttle plates definitely close all the way.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I know this may be repetitive ....but I did the R6 Throttle Tube Mod last night on my 05 SV 650S and it is actually really cool ...nice suttle difference in throttle response. I have had my bike since new June 05 and over the years have done several mods and this was another that will make the riding expericence that much better.

I shaved 3mm off the end as directed in the canyon chaser writeup and svrider posts and it works perfect

If you have any mech ability do this mod $10 and 20 mins of time :)

Mark

·
Registered
183 Posts
I know this may be repetitive ....but I did the R6 Throttle Tube Mod last night on my 05 SV 650S and it is actually really cool ...nice suttle difference in throttle response. I have had my bike since new June 05 and over the years have done several mods and this was another that will make the riding expericence that much better.

I shaved 3mm off the end as directed in the canyon chaser writeup and svrider posts and it works perfect

If you have any mech ability do this mod $10 and 20 mins of time :)

Mark
Do you have a link to that write up?:)

·
Registered
27 Posts
My cousin did his 07 with no issues, I need to get mine on asap as I find myself re-gripping all the time to get full throttle on the track.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
'08 (and '09, for that matter) should be the same as '07.

·
Registered
802 Posts
I put one on my 08. Best mod so far. Cheap, fast, and immediate results. Much easier on the wrist and going from 0 to WOT takes about a 1/4 turn.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I just completed the mod myself, I haven't taken it out for a spin right now, all I did was slip it on without modding it at all. Seems to have the throttle valve in the closed position. 06 Sv650.
Sure is sweet to have a short twist to get that machine going, only took a couple of minutes to get it installed and for 11 dollars all together worth every penny of it so far!!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Wow I took a spin this night, my honest opinion it is sweet, 1/4 and you are set, shifting became that much smoother, acceleration became that much smoother. I recommend this MOD

·
Registered
802 Posts
Everyone that has done it says it is the best mod they have done. It seems like it would be a small thing but once you see what a difference it makes, you're a believer! it should have come from the factory that way. Who wants to strain their wrist?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts