Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ya ya i know just what everone wants to see but what year R6 Throttle Tube do we use for this ?cuz i have someone telling me that they are diffrent

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks man :) i dont see why it cost so much to ship a small part like that i dont get it.

·
Registered
167 Posts
vimkgt said:
Just to be sure... on that website, that 3 step instruction thing only applies for 2nd gen SV's right? It is a direct swap for 1st gens?
From Ron's site:
**Note** This is a direct swap for 99-02 SV's and only needs modified for second gen bikes.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
link is dead, is there anywhere else I can find the instructions to this mod. I've been doing my best to search for it.

·
Registered
439 Posts
I realize this thread has been dead for a while, but I am about switch out my stocker for the R6 Throttle Tube. I was wondering what bar ends will fit? if the R6 throttle tube fits will the R6 bar ends fit as well?

·
Registered
97 Posts
I'm sure they will. The R6 bar ends are undoubtedly 7/8", like the SV.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
I realize this thread has been dead for a while, but I am about switch out my stocker for the R6 Throttle Tube. I was wondering what bar ends will fit? if the R6 throttle tube fits will the R6 bar ends fit as well?
You have an S model, therefore, if I'm not mistaken, your bar ends thread into your clip-ons. If that is the case, you can just use the same bolt from your old bar ends with the r6 caps.

·
Registered
439 Posts
You have an S model, therefore, if I'm not mistaken, your bar ends thread into your clip-ons. If that is the case, you can just use the same bolt from your old bar ends with the r6 caps.
They don't thread in exactly (at least my set up...I am pretty sure it's stock) it's more like an expansion bolt, screw it in and the piece inside spreads. I dropped the bike late last summer, and when I put the bar end back on, my throttle sticks like mad. Unsafe. So I have been rollin with out it. I would like to have some bar ends to help eliminate some of the vibration, but I don't know which to get.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts