Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 2006 R6 rear license plate mount on its way off free-bay. I loved the way it looked and I thought I just HAD to try to install it on the SV. I have access to a small fab shop in case I need a bracket or something. Will post photos next week when it arrives at my door.

Nothing better than trying to fit non-SV parts on. If I can't get it to work, Im out $20. Oh well.

Heres a photo of the brackets installed:

TOM

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
seems like someone on here has done that before? they do look very cool, and give you some semblance of a fender to keep the 5-0 off your back.

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
You would be surprised what NON-SV parts can be installed on your SV. just need to be a little creative and good with fabrication. ;D

·
Registered
318 Posts
it is my personel opinion that those brackets were specifically designed to be removed

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
goramnit to hell, you stoled my idea. Yes it has been donw on a first gen. I own a second gen. yes it looks good. I got pics of the mock up my brother did for me. I will finally be home for good in two weeks.

I hateothers with the same look as me but unless you manage to get a R1 swingarm on there I should be good. As long as your bike is not yellow I dont mind, lol.

oh, also just a note. You will need a 1/8" blate about 4" square on the top portion of the fender to keep it from shaking too much. the hardest part is the removal of the junk from it. What I mean is I only have it as a plate holder (dont need lights in my area). besides the tail lights light it up enough where it sits. I also have pics of it in the dark. Problem is I am living in a tent now and dont have internet, this is my work computer and well you understand i cant upload pics from a gov cpu.

good luck

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had mine installed, but could not get the wires for the lights to look good. The guy that sold me mine did not include the black plastic filler piece, so I cut it down to bring the plate closer to the tail. I ride a lot at night so In my efforts to keep the 5-0 off my back, I ended up with a shortened version with the wires running up the ribs and into the rear.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Funny ... on the side view of the R6, the bracket looks swept back more ... on the yellow SV, it looks more vertical.

Looks better on the R6, to my eyes at any rate.
.. Gregg

·
Registered
1 Posts
just wanted to update thread. here it is

Was this real hard to do? I am looking at doing the same thing and I have the same undertail that you have. I don't really like the license place stuffed way down by the tool compartment and hidden by the tire. That's just a ticket waiting to happen around here.

mike

·
Registered
108 Posts
Funny ... on the side view of the R6, the bracket looks swept back more ... on the yellow SV, it looks more vertical.

Looks better on the R6, to my eyes at any rate.
.. Gregg
just look at the angle differences between the r6's and sv's tail.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts