Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm lookin at a set of forks on Ebay, are all years S & nekid forks interchangable?

·
Registered
744 Posts
I think it's just the fork legs though. The steering stem changed between generations, such that the triples aren't interchangable.

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
Whoops.....didn't think about first gen/second gen. Duhhhhhh.....I'm awake. :)

Although they may be interchangable generation to generation since they're both 41mm - they are different forks entirely. Dunno if old calipers will mate properly.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Ruefus said:
Whoops.....didn't think about first gen/second gen. Duhhhhhh.....I'm awake. :)

Although they may be interchangable generation to generation since they're both 41mm - they are different forks entirely. Dunno if old calipers will mate properly.
Yah, the 2nd gen forks are a different make and have different internals at least. I think the 2nd gen are showa (IIRC) dont know what the first gen was.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
RandyO said:
I'm lookin at a set of forks on Ebay, are all years S & nekid forks interchangable?
S vs. standard doesn't matter, but first gen vs. second gen does. Second gen forks won't work with your first gen wheel and axle.

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
RichDesmond said:
RandyO said:
S vs. standard doesn't matter, but first gen vs. second gen does. Second gen forks won't work with your first gen wheel and axle.
thanx, the ones I am looking at are 1st get, hopebully I will be succesful bidder, I will use them while I send my current ones out to get rebuilt

·
Registered
244 Posts
So did you win the forks or not??? We just can't hold our breath any longer!!!

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
canon said:
So did you win the forks or not??? We just can't hold our breath any longer!!!
about 50,000 miles and a bike ago

1 - 11 of 11 Posts