Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an '04 650 with a Power Commander PC3 USB.... does anyone know about fitting quick shifters ?..... Or is it better to purchase a complete stand alone system ?

·
Registered
5,198 Posts
I just ordered the Healtech. Pretty good price and it worked fine on our endurance Ninja 400 this weekend. It’s very minimalistic compared to others. Most recently used Translogic on our endurance R3, which worked fine also but the sensor is very exposed and expensive.

I think PC has a standalone unit, which is what I had on my ZX6R. My only complaint is the module was bulky. Well, it also needed a computer plugged in to set up. The HT uses phone apps with Bluetooth while the TL has little buttons on the little module.

·
Registered
461 Posts
I have an ’04 650 and at the time PC3……I installed the dynojet quick shifter. Then the PC3 crapped the bed and upgraded to a PC5….I just followed the directions that came with the QS and it has worked out great.….sorry I can’t explain it any better than that.

I have Woodcraft rearsets with GP shift and push type QS…..Love the setup.

·
Premium Member
469 Posts
I have the DynoJet QS on my '09. Using a PC5 so don't know if there's a difference in hook up with the PC3, but mine just plugs into the PC then you have to activate it and set the interrupt time (factory preset is 6/10 second I believe, which is where I left it). I have Vortex rearsets in the stock (1 down/5up) pattern, all works perfectly.
You can hear the QS working here..

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I have an ’04 650 and at the time PC3……I installed the dynojet quick shifter. Then the PC3 crapped the bed and upgraded to a PC5….I just followed the directions that came with the QS and it has worked out great.….sorry I can’t explain it any better than that.

I have Woodcraft rearsets with GP shift and push type QS…..Love the setup.
What do you mean the PC3 'crapped the bed' ?...... What did it do exactly ?.... do you think that by adding a quickshifter to it it may have overloaded it somehow ?....Were you happy with the PC3 QS ?.....Do you know if PC3 QS are commonly used ?..... I'm frequently riding 500 miles from home so I can't have things dying on me....

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just ordered the Healtech. Pretty good price and it worked fine on our endurance Ninja 400 this weekend. It’s very minimalistic compared to others. Most recently used Translogic on our endurance R3, which worked fine also but the sensor is very exposed and expensive.

I think PC has a standalone unit, which is what I had on my ZX6R. My only complaint is the module was bulky. Well, it also needed a computer plugged in to set up. The HT uses phone apps with Bluetooth while the TL has little buttons on the little module.
Not withstanding the bulky issues, were you happy with the PC3 QS ? ... Were you happy with the Healtech action & set up ?

·
Registered
5,198 Posts
Not withstanding the bulky issues, were you happy with the PC3 QS ? ... Were you happy with the Healtech action & set up ?
Yep. No complaints about function for either. I don’t have to set up either as they were already done. My HT for my SV arrived today, so I’ll set that up myself soon.

·
Registered
461 Posts
What do you mean the PC3 'crapped the bed' ?...... What did it do exactly ?.... do you think that by adding a quickshifter to it it may have overloaded it somehow ?....Were you happy with the PC3 QS ?.....Do you know if PC3 QS are commonly used ?..... I'm frequently riding 500 miles from home so I can't have things dying on me....
I was sitting in hot pit during a red flag…..shut it off as we‘re all waiting for the ok to go back out…I go to start it back up and nothing…dead so I push it back to the garage……don’t recall what I tried prior to but someone mentions to unhook the PC3….sure enough it fires back up.

I have no idea if the QS had anything to do with the PC3 failing.

Others can chime in with how common the use of a PC3 and QS is used.

What I did find out is that DJ really wanted me to upgrade to a PC5….. gave me a discount on the PC5 for upgrading.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Dynojet have a plug-iin model. Part number 4-129.
Ya seems like it was very easy to setup the QS with the PC5.…..it was done so long ago I don’t remember what the shutoff time was…I searched the threads here and came up with a number…..whatever I came up with here it’s worked great.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
I had a PC3 with QS for quite awhile until my PC3 "crapped the bed" also. Has nothing to do with the QS, they get corrupted firmware sometimes and the PC itself wont boot... have to send it in to Dynojet to use a special tool to reflash it. I sold it after that craptacular adventure!

·
Registered
5,198 Posts
Mostly happy with the Healtech QS, but, as I suspected, it does throw false positives occasionally. Seems limited to just the right bump or accidental touches of the shifter. I haven’t played with the app yet, but I’d like to think it has sensitivity settings that will do away with it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts