Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my frame and swing arm sliders today...thanks Nate (hello labor day sale!) Anyway, my threads on the swingarm are jacked up from the previous owner and I want to tap them out first. I know it is an 8mm hole but does anyone happen to know the thread size I need. Thanks in advance.

PS: BTW, this is on a 2005 SV650S...

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
ummm...I cant remember.

But I CAN tell you how to find out:

Go to your local Lowes or Home Depot, to the nuts and bolts section. They have (or at least the ones here do) a board on the wall with LOTS of different sized bolts and nuts to try out for size. Just bring your slider in there and screw it into those things until you find the right one. Then walk over to the next aisle to buy your tap ;D

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
gahdzila said:
ummm...I cant remember.

But I CAN tell you how to find out:

Go to your local Lowes or Home Depot, to the nuts and bolts section.  They have (or at least the ones here do) a board on the wall with LOTS of different sized bolts and nuts to try out for size.  Just bring your slider in there and screw it into those things until you find the right one.  Then walk over to the next aisle to buy your tap  ;D
Thanks Gahd.....

·
Registered
80 Posts
you could just put a tap next to the threads on the slider bolts and match them up.

·
OberKommandant
6,127 Posts
Pull the foot peg feelers off your pegs, they are the same threads as the swingarm slider bolts. I actually used the feelers for this purpose while I waited for my sliders to arrive.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts