Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I'm going to be changing out my rear shock, but I have no roof area to tie the bike to. So, I have a long 3/8" rod that I was going to put through the hole in the frame by the rear sets (barely fits a 3/8") and hold the rod with jackstands.

I would first be using a rear stand to get the bike straight, then taking the rear stand off. Do you guys think the bike is going to fall backwards?

·
Registered
749 Posts
I always flip the rider pegs and place them on the jack stands. I use a rear stand to get the bike up a little and level. Then I need a person to place the stands under the pegs while I lift.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Would I run the risk of the bike falling if I have it on a rear stand to have it straight and up a little, then take it off the stand? I'll look at using the rear sets also.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Would I run the risk of the bike falling if I have it on a rear stand to have it straight and up a little, then take it off the stand? I'll look at using the rear sets also.
I don't think so. As long as it is level side to side you should be O.K. That is basically the procedure I use except with the pegs.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Ok, so I'm going to be changing out my rear shock, but I have no roof area to tie the bike to. So, I have a long 3/8" rod that I was going to put through the hole in the frame by the rear sets (barely fits a 3/8") and hold the rod with jackstands.

I would first be using a rear stand to get the bike straight, then taking the rear stand off. Do you guys think the bike is going to fall backwards?

This is exactly what I did, and it works just fine. If you don't have a rear stand, you can just use a scissor jack from your car to get the bike upright (might need help from someone to balance it while you prop it up).

With this method, I have worked on both the front and rear without the use of a conventional bike stand.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts