Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick question guys. I have been looking at what I need to do to make my S a Naked. Can you guys give me a ballpark quote on what it would cost to get what I need? If anyone has done it ans has a pic of what it looks like and a price it would be great. I would prefer to do the triple swap in part of this but it is not necessary. I know this is kind of a tough question but I just want to be within a couple hundred bucks before I start selling off all of my S parts. Thanks

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
$500 is good estimate buying new parts.

You will need:

*Longer throttle cables - $70 shipped Convertibars.com
*N clutch cable - $20 shipped OneidaSuzuki.com
*N brake lines - $90 stainless steel
*N triples and risers - $100
*Handlebars - $20-$70
*A way to mount your gauge
*Headlights

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
ewwww....that's a lot

·
Registered
9,562 Posts
just by used cables and lines from a naked model. you should be able to make money off the conversion.

·
BannedCampCounselor
9,911 Posts
I did it with my 1st gen for $123.
bought a used headlight + brackets and some cheap signals, fabbed up some brackets to mount the gauges. just kept my clipons so no triple swap or anything like that.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Keeping the clipons will significantly reduce the cost. All you'll need is a headlight and a way to mount your gauge...

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
I sold my entire front clip, headlights fairing stay and all for $400, it did'nt have a single scratch on it though. Kept the clip on's made a guage mount, bought dominators, blinkers and headlight mounts for all under $180, made my own windscreen. You can make a profit easy enough if you keep your clip-ons, and if you wait a while and collect your parts as you find good deals on used stuff you can still make a profit if you go handlebars.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts