Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am 99% certain that I will be purchasing an 03 silver sv650 this week with a 1,000 miles on it for $4400. The bike aestetically is in mint condition and mechanically, as near as I can tell, is mint as well aside from a little too much clutch lever freeplay. It also has an aftermarket M4 Exhaust canister added on in addition to aftermarket fly screen. At any rate, it seems like a super solid bike. HOWEVER, I was told by the seller that the girl who traded it in had the suspension lowered an inch. My question is, realistically, how big of an issue will that be for myself since I size up at 5'11 185lbs and plan to ride the bike relatively hard (pushing hard in the corners and the "occassional" wheelie)?? Therefore, the suspension being dropped an inch is a bit of a concern of mine. If anyone has any decent thought, opinions or suggestions on the matter please post them up, it would be extremely appreciated. Thanks

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
If they lowered it with different dog bones, just ask for the stock dog bones back. They may have also dropped the forks, another super easy fix back to stock.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Balls. That is easy enough, I was estimating at least 2-300 for reconfiguring the fork internals. So if what you say is the case with sliders, then I basically have no reserves about purchasing the bike. Thanks for the replies again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts