Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how to change the color of a select area (such as the fairings on an SVS) to pearl white using photoshop? I've been messing around with hue/sat. and color replace, and can get every color BUT white. TIA.

·
Registered
11 Posts
If you want to shoot me the pic in email, I can give it a stab & let you know what I did (assuming it works)

LeBlancA @ gmail . com (remove spaces)

-Andy

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pewter2k1SS said:
If you want to shoot me the pic in email, I can give it a stab & let you know what I did (assuming it works)

LeBlancA @ gmail . com (remove spaces)

-Andy
Cheers man, email sent.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Hey, I helped Stranger with some of the fairing options. Check this thread

Fairing Colors?

and see if this is along the lines of what you were looking to do. If so, I can tweak the color in a few seconds and shoot it to you.

I have the color codes somewhere, but I'm not really motivated to dig them out right now. I'll see if I can find my color chart in the next few minutes

·
Registered
11 Posts
This was about as close to "white" as I could get (still some silverish/gray noticable).

Before

After

Basically, I ripped off the fairings into their own layer, desaturated them, then adjusted the brightness a little & played a little more w the saturation. The edges showed a little red, so I used the smudge tool to clean those up.

Then I just picked off the labels into their own layer & inverted them to make 'em black....

it's close & quick....but not perfect.

-Andy

EDIT: I am by no means a professional, so I'm sure there is a better/easier way to do this :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
theoldguy said:
Hey, I helped Stranger with some of the fairing options. Check this thread

Fairing Colors?

and see if this is along the lines of what you were looking to do. If so, I can tweak the color in a few seconds and shoot it to you.

I have the color codes somewhere, but I'm not really motivated to dig them out right now. I'll see if I can find my color chart in the next few minutes
Hey theoldguy, thanks for the link. The problem I'm having is strictly with white. I'm working on a pic right now, and I have the fairings changed from blue to red, but cannot for the life of me get a good-looking pearl white. This is the only method by which I can even come CLOSE to white:

Magic Tool
Replace Color
Select arbitrary point on fairing
Take Lightness up to 100%

It makes the fairings sort of white, but there's still traces of red in some parts, and the colorization becomes distorted (like watching a low-resolution vid clip with all of the square-ing going on). It's weird.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Pewter2k1SS said:
This was about as close to "white" as I could get (still some silverish/gray noticable).

Before

After

Basically, I ripped off the fairings into their own layer, desaturated them, then adjusted the brightness a little & played a little more w the saturation. The edges showed a little red, so I used the smudge tool to clean those up.

Then I just picked off the labels into their own layer & inverted them to make 'em black....

it's close & quick....but not perfect.

-Andy

EDIT: I am by no means a professional, so I'm sure there is a better/easier way to do this :)
That is GORGEOUS! Thanks Andy! I'm going to keep messing with it too, jus to see if I can get it. Yarrr!

·
Registered
276 Posts
I did a photoshop jo on a photo I found in the gallery, but its another member's bike and I dont want to post it without giving credit to the owner/photographer.

Its kind of a 'what i want to do with my bike' thing. Pearl white seems to be a great alternative color for this bike, doesnt it? I'm amazed suzuki hasnt offered it yet.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
eisenfaust said:
I did a photoshop jo on a photo I found in the gallery, but its another member's bike and I dont want to post it without giving credit to the owner/photographer.
if it's in the public gallery, i don't see a problem with it. post it up

1 - 10 of 10 Posts