Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What values do you torque the drain bolt and the oil filter bolt? I dont have my owners manual with me here. And its 2.4 quarts right?

Thanks guys....just got my sv650..has 650 miles on it.

·
Registered
551 Posts
2.9 qts with filter. tighten the filter hand tight....you don't have to wrench it down. Also the filter will usually tell you how many turns to tighten the filter after the gasket has made contact. the drain plug just make sure its tight. I'm sure there is a specific torque spec for it, but i change oil for a living...i just make sure they are tight...

·
Registered
97 Posts
Drain plug torque is 15 foot-pounds.

Reccomended filter install is two full turns, although I feel that's overkill. 3/4 to 1 1/4 turns should be enough.

Fill the bike with 2.5 quarts of oil, then check the level in the window with the bike standing straight up. Add oil in small amounts until the level is at the 'F' line. Run the engine for a few minutes, shut it off, check level in window again.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Zanetti said:
Drain plug torque is 15 foot-pounds.

Reccomended filter install is two full turns, although I feel that's overkill. 3/4 to 1 1/4 turns should be enough.

Fill the bike with 2.5 quarts of oil, then check the level in the window with the bike standing straight up. Add oil in small amounts until the level is at the 'F' line. Run the engine for a few minutes, shut it off, check level in window again.
If you do it this way, just make sure that it is not over the F line when hot. 2.5 should do you good though in the middle when cold (just what I have found for mine atleast.)

·
Registered
235 Posts
Ya, keep the oil level at the halfway mark in the sightglass so you don't blow oil into your airbox.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts