Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to double check real quick.

There's no difference between the stock 2nd gen naked forks and the S-model forks, right? The difference is in the triples and other stuff, but I can swap the forks themselves no problem?

· Premium Member
3,735 Posts
the only thing that defers on both is the top triple.
otherwise the same.
That is incorrect - the bottom triple is also different.

There is a different fork offset between the naked and S versions
However the answer to the OP's question is valid, in that the fork legs themsleves are identical & can be transferred between models.

· Registered
182 Posts
That is incorrect - the bottom triple is also different.

There is a different fork offset between the naked and S versions
However the answer to the OP's question is valid, in that the fork legs themsleves are identical & can be transferred between models.
Really,

I have the top triple from a naked on my S with the S lower triple.

· Premium Member
3,735 Posts
Was speaking about gen 2 - don't know about gen 1 one way or other.

Scoobinator - you may have it on there, but it's not right! There is 1.5mm difference in the offset.
Have a tough time getting it to go on there smooth by any chance? :p

· Premium Member
828 Posts
D'Ecosse is right. The bottom triple on the N vs S has a different part # on the 04+ (that's the year that I checked anyway). I had an 08 naked and tried to put an 04 S top triple on and saw the offset problem. I "made" it fit, but never felt right about it, so I replaced the bottom triple too, and it fit perfectly. Then, I later went back to the naked triples with Swatt clip ons when I did my Buell headlight mod and didn't like my attempt at making the cluster bracket.

tk

G

·
All I know is that I swapped out the clip-ons from my '07 S-model for a set of handle bars from a 2005 naked. I bought the bars, risers, and top clamp from another member who had done a GSXR conversion on his 2005 naked SV.

There were no issues to get the top clamp onto my forks. Went right on there like it was made to fit.

G

·
With a 1.5mm offset, a hammer probably should be required.

I pressed it on with my hands and I didn't put any muscle behind it. And from what I know of others who have done the clip-on swap for handle bars on 2nd gen S models, only the top clamp is swapped out. This is the first I've heard of a difference in offset between the two.

· Premium Member
3,735 Posts
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.