Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After syncing the carbs with a manometer, I turned the bike off to make sure it was in sync. When I restarted the fluid jumped towards the rear cylinder, but then never moved. Since it never moved, the carbs are sync'd right? I'm curious about the jump in fluid towards the rear.

Is it simply that the rear cylinder fires first and as such pulls vacuum first?

Later,
Chrome...

·
Registered
6,503 Posts
They are in synch. (I usually recommend synching off idle, BTW). The jump in fluid is just the engine stopping after the rear intake valve opens.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Agree that it can be hard to synch at idle depending how well your tubes are damped(orifice sizing and how much rubber tubing). A little throttle does help.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I mistyped in the post. The fluid jump is as soon as the bike is started, not when I shut it off. I edited the original post to be correct.

OTOH, the bike runs SO much better now. I didn't think anything was even wrong, I was just doing it as maintenance. The off throttle surge is gone and it just seems smoother.

Later,
Chrome...

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Bike runs smoother after recomended maint? Imagine that! I had the same experience when I synced my carbs. The 'this is nicer' feeling

·
Registered
244 Posts
I've been having issues with syncing my carbs - I hook everything up correctly but the bike wont turn-over. Im not sure if its not pulling a vacuum or what. As soon as i detach it and put the original tubes back on - it starts right up.

Can the tubing be too long? Any thoughts?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Fuel source? The petcock has to have a vacuum on it to allow fuel to flow. It will run with out it, but not well and not for long.

Later,
Chrome...

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Did you insert the T's like bluepoof or are you hooking straight into the nipple? How long is your tubing? Mine was nearly 12 feet and had 20 inches of ATF in it.

Later,
Chrome...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts