Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I both ride. We are looking for a bike we can both ride as we cannot afford two bikes. I currently have an older sv1000s which is way too much bike for her. We are considering a new 2012 Gladius with ABS as there's some good deals to be had on them right now. I know she will be comfortable on a Gladius, but what about a 6'1" 200 pound guy like me? I do like to go for short two day trips a couple of times a year with friends and we will put 6-8 hours a day in. Mostly I go for 3-6 hour day rides.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
209 Posts
You are probably going to want the tall seat but you don't say how tall your wife is. The tall seat may be to tall for her depending on her height. I am 5' 11" 210lbs and it fits me pretty good with the standard size seat (not including actual seat comfort). You might want to just get the seat re-stuffed to add a little less height than the tall seat as a compromise.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I am also 5'11" with a 30" inseam and the standard seat fits me perfectly. I'd love the added padding of the tall, but I don't want any more seat height.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

·
Registered
151 Posts
just change the rear shock out for a GSXR shock and you're good to go.

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
I am 6'5" and when I got the tall seat, it vastly improved my riding experience. Cool thing is, it's so easy to switch back and forth from stock to tall seat that you can use the tall one and she can use the stock one without any headaches at all.

Cheers
Jacob

P.S. Kodde: I forgot about that thread! Kudos brother

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
I'm talking about the Suzuki Tall Seat, part number 45100-44H50-GZJ. They sell for $169.99 from Suzuki. I paid $133 for mine. On Saturday I sold my Gladius and the buyer wanted the stock seat instead of the tall, so I have the tall seat for sale. $100 shipped in the continental USA if anyone wants it.

Jacob

1 - 8 of 8 Posts