Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before you all start groaning, I did search and couldn't find the answers ;)

I want to know is if it's worth the hassle to put adjustable clip-ons on my Naked so that I can adjust them for track days. I love the stock ergos for my usual riding around, but on track days it would be helpful to have more of a racing posture.

How difficult is it to adjust the adjustables? Can it be done in a few minutes? Is it hard to get them to match? Is it a pain getting them back to "just right" after moving them? Will they wear from me moving them frequently and become loose after time?
:ears:
Thanks!

·
Registered
391 Posts
I have heli bars and i love them. I have them set as low as possible for daily riding, and if i need more comfort i just raise them in a few seconds. The pain is getting them to be the same on each side. Using measurements i got it almost spot on but i think my left arm is shorter then my right because it just didnt feel right. Ended up with my left clip on being more towards the tank then the throttle side for the past few months.

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
I had the Danmoto 3D clip ons, they're similar to most 'fully adjustable' units in design.

Getting them into position drove me nuts. I gave up, sold the Danmotos and went back to stock clip ons and will eventually just get non-adjustable woodcrafts.

It wasn't an issue of having the appropriate technique in locking in their position.. it just turned into a recursive procedure of constant minute adjustments and measurements. "did they shift a bit?" (nope) "I think they may have shifted a bit...." (still nope) "maybe I'll angle them down a degree today..."

Summary: adjustable clip ons are great. I have problems.

·
Registered
596 Posts
I have the danmotos and I agree with above poster. They no marks like some of the higher end adj clip ons, but I could just set my own like a marker of sort? I wanted the Apex riser clip ons but at the time out of my price range. I need to get longer clutch lines to get maximum height and pull back from them. Well worth in my case. Good luck

·
Registered
4,137 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Pete, I looked at the Woodcrafts and they say on their application chart that SV650 cannot use risers. Do you know what that is supposed to mean?

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Hm... interesting.

Ohhhhhhhhhh, I bet it's because the position of the triple clamp bolt interferes. Damn.
I wonder if their spacer would help, but if it did they'd probably note that.

Might be worth giving them a call. If you do, ask to speak with Keira & tell her I told you to give them a call. She's a really good friend of mine & a total sweetheart. :) AND she's got a 2nd gen SV, too. Blue. :)

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks! If I do, I will :)

Right now leaning towards the SVRP ones. They have spacers to allow for the triple clamp bolt. Hoping someone who has them can tell me how hard they are to adjust.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts