Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm installing my Yosh RS-3 slip on and had a few questions. The directions say to take off the headers and everything. Is this necessary? It says to replace the exhaust port gasket. Is that neccessary?

I thought this would be a simple cut off the exhaust while its on the bike, and slip on the new one. Thats why I ask.

Thanks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
i installed a yosh rs3 carbon exhaust on by 03 sv650s about a week ago and did not remove it from the bike because i decided that it would be too much unnessesary work. The only annoying thing that i found was when i was using a hacksaw to cut off the pipe i kept hitting the right side foot peg so i took it off and it was much easier. I hope this helped but if you have any more questions you can either im me on aim on "dafro42" or send me an e-mail to [email protected]

·
Registered
176 Posts
i moved the right rearset out of the way, and hog tied the foot peg to the rearset to give me some more clearance. definitely place a few layers of cardboard to protect the swingarm. had i not done that, i would have a few custom gouges in it.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the responses guys. So Yosh just tell you to take it all the way off so you dont accidentally cut into the bike?

I am also assuming its not necessary to replace the port gasket when installing a new exhaust? My friend told me that you need to replace that every time you remove the header.

Thanks again!

D

·
0 Posts
jason777 said:
Thanks for the responses guys. So Yosh just tell you to take it all the way off so you dont accidentally cut into the bike?

I am also assuming its not necessary to replace the port gasket when installing a new exhaust? My friend told me that you need to replace that every time you remove the header.

Thanks again!
I put my yosh on a week ago, I just cut it off while on the bike, like the posts above said just protect your swing arm, dont worry about the gasket - if you did remove everything you would have to replace that cause you'd break the seat/seal and the old one wouldn't seat/seal properly again once taken off.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts