Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, Im new to the forum. I just sold my vtx 1800 and have some extra cash. I have found an 02 Sv 650 with 5100 miles for $3500. Looks nice and is in good shape. It has a few mods: givi windscreen & mettise belly pan (both color matched), has been rejetted. Is this a good deal

I am looking for a bike that is easy and cheap to maintain, and reliable seeing how im about to go to college and wont have time to mess with it a whole lot. Does an Sv fit that? Are there any quirks with these bikes and should I look specifically at anything if i go look at the bike?

I appreciate any info. Thanks- Josh

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
We'd need more info to say. That seems a bit high. I'd only pay $3k but it depends on where you live and a bunch of other stuff. Check the market.

Here's a great deal of info for you to read up on - http://www.svrider.com/tips/tips.htm

I will kill the next person who tries to post a full length explanation for you when huge amounts of data are in the above link. READ IT and you'll be my internet friend for life.

·
Registered
351 Posts
We'd need more info to say. That seems a bit high. I'd only pay $3k but it depends on where you live and a bunch of other stuff. Check the market.

Here's a great deal of info for you to read up on - http://www.svrider.com/tips/tips.htm

I will kill the next person who tries to post a full length explanation for you when huge amounts of data are in the above link. READ IT and you'll be my internet friend for life.

:rolleyes:Or you could work on developing the incredible amount of willpower it would take to resist the urge to click on this thread!

To the prospective buyer, I think you could find a newer, fuel injected model with the updated styling for about the same price. Generally, they are all very reliable and low maintenance bikes. Good luck!

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts
The price seems high. I recently sold my '05 for that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts