Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone here know the specs/measurements on the bottom shock bolt for a 1st gen? I apparently misplaced mine and don't want to deal with the dealer if i can avoid it. thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
3,061 Posts
Does anyone here know the specs/measurements on the bottom shock bolt for a 1st gen? I apparently misplaced mine and don't want to deal with the dealer if i can avoid it. thanks in advance.
For the 2nd gen I'm pretty sure it's a 10mm bolt that is 50mm long. I would think it's the same. Maybe someone can verify.

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
Make sure it's a grade 8 bolt, you should be able to find one at Lowes or HD.

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
Correction grade 10.9 for metric.
The bolt and matching nut doesn't need to be metric, it just has to fit thru the holes on the dog bones and shock.

:)

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
I don't know about 1st gens, but on the 2nd gen the lower shock bolt threads into the shock, so yeah it matters. ;)
Wow they really F'd up those 2nd gens didn't they. :nana:

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Stock shock does; replacements (gsxr, ohlins, etc) do not.
My bad you guys were right, I just pull out my stocker and sure enough it had a small threaded section. I r retarded.

·
Registered
795 Posts
One more thing: if you decide to get a metric bolt from an fastener shop, be sure to take along your shock to ensure a match on the threads. Critical fasteners on bikes tend to be a finer pitch than what's available at stores.

.. Gregg

1 - 16 of 16 Posts